thinkin of trading my 07 for a 2011 is it worth it??

thanks for all the feedback. Its been paid for since day it came home and my dealer will give me $6500 and i can get a 09 for around $9000 out the door... Just dont know if the 09 is worth the extra $2500.... thats almost a turbo kit!!!:thumbsup:

You'll be trading a great-looking bike (Gen1) for an ugly bike (Gen II).
I agree that imo the gen2 is an uglier bike than the gen1, it has too many curves and in all the wrong places. Plus its heavier...which is what the busa didn't need, more weight :whistle: But its also a better bike where it counts, more power, better brakes, better suspension :beerchug: I'm sure if you trade up for 2500 bucks you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

I had a 2010 and a 07, sold them both a little while back, guess which on is back in my garage,,, the 07, just because it easy on the eyes, and a lot easier to work with, less power and less weight I can live with... nothing a 60 shot cant fix, and the same stuff you have improved on the 07 you will do to the 11 as well, i can say I regreted getting the 10 but at least I made my money and them some to boot...

These posts are always coming up. It's simply a crossroads for you. The Gen II is a great bike but for me, aftermarketing my Gen I has been an incredible and ongoing experience. Someone said better brakes on a Gen II....I'm sorry but upgrading the brakes is so easy with so many choices. Power ? Yes bone stock to bone stock the II murders the I....but with a few upgrades...honestly, I accelerate just as fast as a mildly upgraded Gen II and I have never had a time where I couldn't keep up with a Gen II, So....three things for me=first, I love the modified Gen I looks, it is timeless to me. second, my Gen I is under 500lbs, I don't know if it's possible to lighten up a II as much without major redesign and $. Third, deeply aftermarketing the Gen I for me has intensified my relationship with the motorcycle...I really enjoy keeping a scooter for the long run and REALLY improving it.
I'm not puting down people who always get new equipment, that's fun too, I'm just touting the fun of development, resulting from keeping it awhile.
There's a book entitled, "How to Want What You Already Have". I think that says it all! Doyle

i like doyle's take, doesn,t take the price of a new gen II to make the GEN I a monster, and I had them both side by side, and always saddle up on old trusty.. really wasn't feeling the looks of the GEN II, and even with THE NEW RIDE felling, it was an impulsive buy.... which might happen again when the 11 comes out....lol but this time trusty will stay put... even after she left me stranted at a gas station with a dead battery ... the tow truck driver offer to buy it... lol

aesthetically, the only thing i don't like about the genII is the tail.. i really prefer the genI tail.. but... i love the front on the genII..

i have never ridden a genII but i've sat on a few in showrooms and such.. honestly, i didn't like the riding posture at all comparatively. a lot of shorter people ***** about riding busas because they can't reach the ground ok, and they have to reach too far to control the bike etc..

i'm 6' and i felt that way on the genII just sitting on it... I'm sure i could control it, but it still felt awkward for me..

with that said... in a few years i'll almost definitely trade my bike in for a used '10 model...

Mk2 are nice, not life changing but a good step up if you have spare cash.

They have brakes.

I wouldnt mind one next if the right deal came along.

My opinion for what it's worh?
I prefer the look of the Gen I, I have an 05 Black & silver, I'm 6'3" 215lbs, Gen I fits me like a glove.
I put heavy springs in the front, SS braided brake lines with HH pads, Pazzo levers, (huge difference)!
Raised the rear 2" (way better handling). Full HMF dual carbon fiber exhaust with an PCIII, airbox mod and a BMC air filter, and the best mod, 1397 big bore kit and a tune.
Dynoed at 198hp w/ 116tq

Haven't meet a stck genII that can touch me on the straights or the corners.
I love my Busa!

My point is: find a bike that fits you, then put the mods on it that are important to you! :beerchug:

Back