So how hard is it to remove a Gen II fairing?

AJAY

Registered
I've been having a private correspondence with a Gen II owner, who says removing the fairing is a nightmare. I just had the right side fairing off my Gen I for my oil filter mod and that was a piece of cake, perhaps less than 5 minutes to remove. Of course, it gets easier and faster every time I pull the fairings off this bike.

So is the Gen II appreciably more difficult? Or is it just a case of the owner's lack of familiarity with his new bike?

Thanks.

It took me about 15 minutes the first time with Blanca's walk through. There is more to it because the plastics are interlock together, but its not really that bad.

There is one point that is a biotch, up on top that has to be lifted straight UP to unpop. That's the one the messes everyone up (mine is broke off so I don't have to worry about it anymore...)

the more you do it, the easier it gets. All depends on the owner/operator :whistle:
P.S. +100 to Blanca's video tutorial, mandatory to view it before your first attempt. And nice to have it in the garage with you as you go along for the 1st time.

+ another 1 for Blanca's tutorial. Worst part for me was sliding the fairing forward then rocking it back to unlock the connectors on the top edge

Once you have the fairings off and understand HOW they work, it's probably one of the easiest bikes to work on. I can have them off in under 15-minutes for both sides...

completely sucks the first 1-3 times doing it but after that it's a walk in the park. blanca's video saved my hide more than once and applying vaseline on the fixed posts that fasten into the grommets for the frame make it even less stressful the next time.

Back