Kawasaki Concours

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I traded one dinosaur for another, my 2020 Yamaha Raptor 700se 4wheeler/atv...for a 2012 Kawasaki Concours.
I had nowhere good left to ride the 4whlr, and wanted to sell or trade for a good sport tourer.
The Gsxr1k isn't going anywhere, the 4whlr was paid for, and I was looking for a good Budget long distance and 2up ride, that was not a cruiser.
Yes, there are better sport touring bikes out there I'm sure, but for the money, nah, this thing is pretty good.
Trade in on my Raptor was $7140
Dealer wanted $8399 for the Concours.
We did a straight up trade.
They put a temporary tag on it too(traded in NC but live in VA), but went to the Va Dmv yesterday too.
Tag and title fee $350, plus $40 in tax.
Plus, liability insurance is $124 a year, lol, Thank You God.
So I'm $500 and a 400 mile round trip into this thing, no complaints.
It has 14k miles, new tires, oil change and brake/clutch fluid, a clean title, aftermarket seat(very comfortable), a radiator guard, grip pads on the gas tank, battery tender pigtail, aftermarket top case, a Ram Mount(taking off and buying a QuadLock), drop pegs that I already drug the road with, but fortunately found the stock pegs in one of the side cases, along with another key and a cover.
The exhaust is stock...so I already ordered a full BlackWidow, lol.
I'm going to get a reuseable air filter, a Shoodaben ecu flash, am going to email Core-Moto and Spiegler about ss lines, and hopefully upgrade the front pads.
I have only rode it a few miles, and made no suspension adjustments yet, but I am really impressed with the handling and stock power...all things considered.
I was told it was black, as it looked in the pictures the dealer sent, and they had another used black Concours there...however, this one turns reddish green in the sun, and is a black/burgundy color otherwise.
Oh well, I don't care, it looks black or dark enough when I'm riding it, lol.

20220711_203457.jpg

20220711_202917.jpg

20220711_200713.jpg

Thank you sir
It needs a good cleaning(not that I'm picky).
I also noticed the valve cover is damp, so I'm going to order a gasket, and the rest of the seals there today.
I'm goin to flush the radiator(vinegar and distilled water), and use Engine Ice.
I plan to send my ecu out for a flash once my exhaust shows up.

I have my stash of ProGrip 761 grips(4 pair, lol), so I need to put a set on...and get the worn stockers off without damaging the grip heaters.
I need to order a ThrottleMiester/Throttle lock.
@mabupa I will have to talk to you about your electric cruise control setup over the winter, and I appreciate all your help so far.
@GIXERHP I know you are a Concours guy too; are there any 'Must-Do' mods for these?

Congrats, Very nice ride, :thumbsup: my friend rides one and one day we switch bikes for an hour or so, it's very comfortable to me, it got me thinking to look for something more comfortable for my long rides, but not yet, I want to finish my rides on the busa since I already started on it (traveling the lower 48 states) but we'll see...

Congrats, Very nice ride, :thumbsup: my friend rides one and one day we switch bikes for an hour or so, it's very comfortable to me, it got me thinking to look for something more comfortable for my long rides, but not yet, I want to finish my rides on the busa since I already started on it (traveling the lower 48 states) but we'll see...

Thank you sir
Let me know if you make it this way

Congrats!! I had a 2013 blue Concours, sold my 09 GSXR 1K to get it, put about 22000 on it, sold it to a member here and got a 17 GSXR 1K. Still have my 05 Busa. The Connie is a really good bike. You will enjoy it.

Kit includes the following,
Everything to make the turn signals running lights in the front, and the rear brake lights.

2 New front sockets with Switchback white&amber led bulbs
2 New rear sockets with Switchback red&amber led bulbs
led flasher
Plug and play front and rear harnesses
The kit is all 100% plug and play
I Also have headlights that work great and are adjustable for the 14, and the Euro bulbs.

Everything to make the turn signals running lights in the front, and the rear brake lights.

led flasher
I Also have headlights that work great and are adjustable for the 14, and the Euro bulbs.
@sixpack577 I highly recommend the kit. I have it for the busa and its been one of my favorite upgrades.

led flasher

How much for the kit?
Details on headlight upgrades, and cost for them with the kit?

Can you link them here?
I don't mind.
And
Please anyone add any Concours mods, parts, info, or links here too.

Back