K8 top clamp removal

I ordered a lowering clamp from Soupy's and can't get the factory top clamp off. Rotating the nut just causes the entire bolt to rotate and there seems to be no way of keeping the bolt still. I can't seem to open the service manual on here either. Please help, this bike has been a headache all day, it took me about 7hrs to lower the rear. Going overseas for a year and just trying to make the bike rideable for the wife so I dont have to buy her a gixxer 6 sure is becoming a hassle!!

Ok, guess I'm a Harley guy for life. A eyeglass screwdriver pryed a chrome cap off. I can't wait to buy my Night Rod Special when I get back, the wife can keep the Jap bike!!

I got it figured out, the illusive chrome trick again. It was just a little cap that pressed into the 8mm allen head that I had to pry off with a tiny screwdriver. Crisis over but I'm still tired of working on this thing, the price we pay to go fast!!

7 hrs wow..............lol,prob had a headache after that ordeal,i lowered my buddys in 20 mins,didnt even have to take plastics off,LIVE AND LEARN!!!!!

Most of it was getting frustrated and smoking lots of cigarettes plus the drive to lowes to buy a impact gun as well as a trip to get new brake pads. I was exagerrating because i was angry.

I demo'd one this weekend along with the muscle and rocker. The night rod was sweet, i think i could stay on that thing for more than an hour at a time. The military has screwed my back up so much that the busa is getting down right uncomfortable to ride, but so much fun. Thats exactly why i'm making it so my wife can ride the bus, at least that way it doesn't have to leave my garage. I can still jump on it for some adrenaline.

I test a V-rod Muscle and loved it. It's pricey though and Harley's bags are not quick release or lockable. With the Hayabusa, I can go SW-Motech brackets and Givi bags.

I gave a leftover 2009 Muscle some real thought though.

Yeah, those little chrome caps were pretty well ruined by the time I got them off. I was bolting down a new Scotts damper though, so it didn't matter in the end.

On the topic of the V-Rod... I test rode a V-Rod Muscle last week. The thing only had 6 miles when I left with it. I went out for about 20 minutes, the last half of that being open interstate. The outside air temp was only around 85, but when I got back to the dealership, the fan was running and it was pissing coolant all over the place. ???

I had both a night rod special and my busa at the same time. The night-rod was fun all in all. Good pipe, filter, nitrous, air shifter, and a clutch it ran 10.1s. But it just wan't as comfortable to cover lots of miles on. Maybe if I'd had a windshield, but then it just wasn't visually pleasing.

I found myself taking short trips (errands, gym, dinner) on the v-rod. But anything with a lot of seat time and wind, was the busa's territory.

I ended up selling the v-rod to a guy that got tired of me whipping his v-rod at the track every weekend. :laugh:

holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Ever check valves in a V-Rod? You won't be so thrilled with the bike after that.

Back