K11 'Busa - 303 HP

Nice, start saving for an engine build. Turbo's make a minor engine problem a big one.

man that looks amazing, for those of us that have to dream about adding a turbo, got a rough figure for what something like that would run someone?

And for those that have not ridden a turbo busa .... DONT DO IT unless of course you are going to be adding one to your bike the next day :laugh: I was lucky enough to get a ride on one... ohhh my I dont think I got the grin off my face for the rest of the bash :thumbsup:

Nice ride!

If you intend to spank that beast on a track day I'd suggest ditching your Q2's for slicks and tire warmers. Managing the HP on that beast is going to be difficult at best and no street tire is going to tie it to the pavement.

You wont be having any problems out of the new zx14s with that beast! :laugh: We want to see more pics, please. Does the other side of the bike have the smaller filter hanging out of the fairing? Oh and a video would be great so we could hear that exhaust. Hate to annoy you but its your fault that you have a bad ass bike. lol

I'm going to try to get everyone's question, don't hesitate to post up if I miss you:

1. First, thanks for all the kind words. This project actually turned out better than I hoped.
2. We trimmed the fairings with a grinder on a dremel around the blow off valve on the right side, but it was just fractions of an inch. It's very hard to tell.
3. I have some video's of the dyno, let me see if I can't get them posted tonight.
4. Engine Kit? The Gen 2 are fine up to 300 hp and I rarely see that. The pistons, valves, studs, and spings I put in should take care of me. What's more likely is I'll want more boot and then I'll have to add rods and the like to the bottom end. This turbo was put on right at 2500 miles and Steve has taken care of me.
5. Turbo Busa does indeed = Big Grin
6. ZX1400R? Please.
7. No filter sticking out. I have Richards stealth kit.
8. I'll work on some more pictures, too.

Pictures:

IMG_7664%20-%20Small.jpg

IMG_7679%20-%20Small.jpg

IMG_7673%20-%20Small.jpg

Looks Awesome!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:
Love the stealth look with the exhaust and no air cleaner hanging out the fairing.
How loud is the exhaust through the rpm range?

I would be setting outside any Kawi dealer waiting on a new ZX14R to pull out..
Man you said this ZX14 is faster then the busa..:rofl:

Craash;2820444 6. ZX1400R? Please. [/QUOTE said:
How bout a 600 on a warm track day? :please:

Great bike! Beautiful with massive power but let's face reality, it's most likely slower on a road race track than a stock bike due to the difficulty of managing the throttle.

If you try to ride that bike fast on the track I can smell a highside coming! :dunno:

I'll try and reply in order again,

1. The exhaust is a bit loud, but I love it. I had a Yosh 4-2-1 carbon kit on previous to the turbo, and it was no where near as loud.
2. I don't plan to race it, in a strict sense of the word, but I will play around with it on the track. Maybe a session or two on it, instead of my track bike.
3. New Kawi's? Yum.
4. Slower on a track day? Absolutely. That's if I don't get kicked out for 3 and 4 gear power wheelies down the front stretch at 150+.

That is one of the cleanest turbos I've seen installed. I too like the fact it's all tucked inside with no filter hanging off side.

So this brings up a question for those like me who aren't familiar with a 'stealth kit'.
Being a thirsty for air turbo I'm guessing it still has to have a fairly good sized one so where is the filter located then?

That is one of the cleanest turbos I've seen installed. I too like the fact it's all tucked inside with no filter hanging off side.

So this brings up a question for those like me who aren't familiar with a 'stealth kit'.
Being a thirsty for air turbo I'm guessing it still has to have a fairly good sized one so where is the filter located then?

In the same place as the ones that stick out of the faring, just a larger diameter and less cone, if that makes sense.

Back