Just to make ends meet...

i am a single guy with no kids and i work 2 jobs. own my car and and i owe about half on the busa. its a budget busa. i have gotten almost everything used and done all the work myself or with a friend. times are tuff, i am just glad i do not have any kids

So far no drastic changes for my wife and I. We both work for police agencies, I'm an investigator for the sheriff's office and she is a dispatcher for the municipal police department. Good thing is they can't shut us down and can't relocate us so that helps, on the other hand, bad economic times means less tax revenues for our local government which in turn pays my salary. So with bad times come cutbacks and that is always a possibility if things get really bad but on that they can only cut so deep.

I do work a second job and have for the past four years. It hasn't been so much out of necessity as it has been a desire to help others. A small village here in my county decided to start their own police department and since it was close to where I grew up I didn't want to see them hire a bunch of flunkie substandard officers. Two of us took on the task and have built a nice little department out of it and now have 4 officers. I have since been promoted to Chief for that small department and do my best to keep it running as it should, all in my spare time of course. This is what has allowed me to buy my busa this year, it pays all the busa bills and leaves some for mods.

We have cut back on purchases, it would be nice to buy a new car and a few other things but instead have chosen to just do with what we have because of so many uncertainties with the economy. On that we have worked to pay off more of what we do have and that will be an ongoing process.

I am very fortunate. My income hasn't changed much, thank God, but I do feel the crunch of the people around me. My roommate is having a hard time finding a part time job while he's in school. My parents are on the verge of filing Chapter 7. My sister an her family are living close to the dollar.

I have cut back on buying toys for now. Yesterday I paid off one debt so I could put that money into paying off another. I will continue the snowball payments until everything I owe is paid off. Since I don't have that much debt it won't take very long. If the worse happens I will require less money to live. It's very easy to refinance if you have a habit of making over-payments. It's even better to owe nothing.

For now, I am helping my parents as much as I can financially so they can meet their basic needs and have something left over. I am the financial cornerstone for my whole family right now.

we are living on a tight rope here in washington...i have an old yamaha fj1100 and want to upgrade to a busa but it aint in the tea leaves anytime soon. i'm a stay at home dad so money is a factor. i dont even get to ride as often as i want because gas is an issue, and $2 a gallon is still stupid. i think the country is feeling it more than the media tells us. anyway hang in there and hopefully we will all get to get new bikes,mods and most importantly.....MO MONEY!:beerchug:

Back