Just picked up my 01 Busa

crepitus

Registered
I just picked up my (new to me) 01 Busa. Its the black and silver. Only has 600 miles on it. Its mint. Have to get her registered and insured tomorrow. Just changed the oil since it was never done. What a pain getting that filter off. Fould alot of good tips on the site. THe tape on the fairing thing worked out good for the oild change. I have to find the kickstand mod and get that done tomorrow. I remember seeing that somewhere. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions about the bike. this site was a big help. will post some pics tomorrow.

Congrats, wow only 600 miles ! What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Personally id do very little...I got my Busa on 3/30 and have put on 2300 miles so far, ive done the kickstand mod, pulled off the reflectors and stickers, put on a few nicknacks and thats about it...oh and a tankslapper tank protector...$15 and nicer looking than the stick on type protectors IMO.   http://www.thetankslapper.com/

Anyhow the bike has so much to offer in the stock state , just ride the mofo!

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115997543 -->

Well its pretty tough to get every last microscopic bubble out but you can get most out, its visible for sure but still looks better than the stick on protectors IMO....wait a sec I will snap a pic and post it.

Congrats on the bike! You can cut down the fender yourself and save a few $$$. Not too many other free mods unless you want to get into the polishing thing yourself.

Congrats, wow only 600 miles ! What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?
got it for 7k.

any other "FREE"  mods that i should do?  besides the kickstand thing?  a little strapped for cash now.  would love to loose that rear fender but that will cost some doe.
Like BigBS said, it won't cost anything to lose the fender, unless you are wanting an undertail.

I have seen a couple that were done rather well.

Congrats on the bike. 600 miles is amazing.....

here are some pics

P1010074.JPG

Nice! Still got the stickers and reflectors on that thing. There's a couple mods for you! Get out and ride that thing.

Id say you got an awesome deal @ 7K ! I am jealous, I dropped 11K on my Busa after taxes.

Mods, mods...I'm sure you could do a search but off the top of my head, there's the mud flap mod & the fairing screen mod. But I say get that unridden beast out on the road!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Back