Just got my new Busa!

OB_Paulie

Registered
I just got home from riding my brand new blue busa. Did about 100 miles. Holy s**t does that thing move! I'm still waiting for my feet to catch up! I love the bike but have one concern. While idling in traffic for about 3 minutes the heat went into the red zone and the red light came on. As soon as traffic moved the bike cooled right down. Has anyone had this problem? What gives?

This is not right, get help now. Insure your cooling fan is connected and it runs. You should take the bike back into your dealer and have this checked out.

No way, thats a serious concern. I had chalked that up as a plus for the busa, mine never crosses the yellow line in the middle even when idling in traffic.

Burp the radiator?

Sounds interesting.. Explain!

This might be why when we installed my buddies TL1000S engine he left the bike running with the rad cap off and topped it up while it was warming up!? Or is he screwed??...

Probably fan switch not connected or bad. When filling the radiator you supposed to rock the bike back and forth to remove any air pockets in rad or engine...it works...take your bike back to dealer somethings wrong.

Thanks CBXCHRIS.
My computer went down for a while.
Take it back to the dealer,It is new let them fix it,
The burping is getting it hot till the fan comes on let it cool completely and refill the rad.should have been done on PDI.

Back to the dealer. I have had my Bus for 3 weeks now and in 250+ miles it has had zero problems. The temp guage reads right in the middle of the guage.

Mine reads right in the middle and the fan comes on when idling for more than a minute or two.

CHECK YOUR FAN CONNECTION before taking the bike anywhere.

I experienced the same thing....Check your radiator fan connector. If you decided to do it yourself, the connector is secured along the leftside of the frame. It's pretty hard to reach. You may have to loosen some of the clips of the left side fairing to get to it.... good luck

Back