Just changed my rear tire

I take the time balance a bare rim to find the heavy spot. Go out of my way to match the light spot on the tire with the heavy spot on the rim. When I'm done mounting the tire I make sure the valve stem cap (which weighs almost nothing) is in place before balancing the assembly.

Leave a piece of plastic flopping around inside?
rock.gif
Bwaahaa!
laugh.gif
Ok maybe I would....if the Busa was actually a scooter with a top speed of 70 mph.

Are there any number crunching geeks here that can calculate the force of 1 gram applied to the outside of a tire spinning at 180 mph?

i would take it out, but i doubt it will do anything, your tire is only really balanced until rubber starts wearing off(ever put your tire on a balancer before you change it?) unless your a moto gp star your not gonna die from a plastic in there

I removed it. I put the wheel back on the changer and managed to get the piece of plastic out with out de-mounting the tire.

I honestly don't think it would have made a difference - but you never know.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the responses
beerchug.gif

sorry for being harsh in my response CBXrider but i dont take to lightly to brushing off safety at someone elses expense... again... sorry for the hasty remarks!
blush.gif

Back
Top Bottom