Just changed my rear tire

drumminman

Donating Member
Registered
rim protector. Cut from the side of a plastic bottle it weighs almost nothing.:p

But, do I need to dis mount the tire and get it? Will it do any damage?
rock.gif

I wonder if it will make the tire hard to balance?

No prob. When I was a kid working in a service station I found an unbroken Pepsi bottle inside a truck tire. From the wear on it, it must have been in there for miles! A slight piece of plastic shouldn't be any problem.

Personaly, I do not want anything besides air inside my tires/rims. I'm not thinking it's harmful but if I just sit for a moment and think about it...........nope!

it might weigh almost nothing in yer hand but spinning around inside there g forces kick in and it could throw everything out of balance

Yeah, I'll probably try and get it out tomorrow, though the rational side of me agrees with CBXRider.

Thanks for the input
beerchug.gif

What a bunch of nancy boys...G forces no less. He said,

"Cut from the side of a plastic bottle it weighs almost nothing"

I'd rather not have anything inside but air too but that's a lot of work for "almost nothing".

Why do you have to dis mount the tire
rock.gif
, cant you just let all the air out and fish for it with something with the tire still on the rim
rock.gif

Did I miss something here
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145509533 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

Why do you have to dis mount the tire
rock.gif
, cant you just let all the air out and fish for it with something with the tire still on the rim
rock.gif

Did I miss something here  
rock.gif
I've tried that and there's no room between the bead and the wheel, even when the bead is pushed into the center of the wheel. But I'm open to suggestions if you have any!
smile.gif

The tire is a Michelin Pilot Power if it matters.

rock.gif

rock.gif

What a bunch of nancy boys...G forces no less.  He said,

I'd rather not have anything inside but air too but that's a lot of work for "almost nothing".
Nancy boys??!! Did you know that it only takes a gram or two of weight before your wheel will start to wobble at speed because it is unbalanced?? Or maybe you just never paid attention to those little metal things attached to your rim... if you want to play with your own life then by all means please go put things in your tires and ride it around but dont give this guy false hope by saying he is a nancy boy for wanting to be safe... "almost nothing".... yea... JUST HIS LIFE or someone elses for that matter...

With the speeds you will probly be running it should be removed for safety & peace of mind

What a bunch of nancy boys...G forces no less.  He said,

Nancy boys??!!  Did you know that it only takes a gram or two of weight before your wheel will start to wobble at speed because it is unbalanced??  Or maybe you just never paid attention to those little metal things attached to your rim... if you want to play with your own life then by all means please go put things in your tires and ride it around but dont give this guy false hope by saying he is a nancy boy for wanting to be safe...  "almost nothing".... yea... JUST HIS LIFE or someone elses for that matter...
From your post one would think he left a brick in there or something. Lighten up sarge, its "almost nothing" remember? I didn't refer to him being a nancy boy, only (jokingly) the other guys who chimed in.
In re: your statement, "if you want to play with your own life then by all means please go put things in your tires and ride it around"
What a dumbass thing to say. He left a sliver of plastic from a plastic bottle inside his tire. It won't hurt a thing.

Almost nothing = a definate something

Q. Does it belong there?
A. No

Q. Is it similar to what I would put in there (air - a gas)?
A. Not remotely (it's a solid piece of almost nothing)

Q. Would I have put it there on purpose?
A. Heck no (this isn't where garbage goes nor where parts are stored - I have a hump for that)

Q. What are the effects of leaving it?
A. somwhere between no significant effect and certain death (I'm not good with certain death)

Q. Should I remove it?
A. I think you get the point.

hmmm board is acting up - double posted sorry

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: "double post"|1145550671 -->

Cant imagine what the board would think of us redneck boys using powder balancing in our 44" boggers,guess its not too bad considering the truck cant do over 75mph,lol.But I agree I like the wheel/tire on the busa just like my crankshaft,balanced to perfection.

Back