Just called the Phillips motel......

illuminati

Registered
Hey guys,
I just got off the phone with the older gentleman, i forget his name, and he said it was Miata weekend while we're down there for the bash. Questions:

1- How does this effect safety on the dragon for us?

2- Has anyone ever been down there while this event has been going on?

I have and you need to be aware that they are there however I really haven't heard of any major issues. They pretty much understand the rules.....

I have and you need to be aware that they are there however I really haven't heard of any major issues. They pretty much understand the rules.....

And what exactly are the rules there Racer?
Don't F with us BusaDrivers and you'll make it off this mountain alive ?
:laugh:

1- How does this effect safety on the dragon for us?

2- Has anyone ever been down there while this event has been going on?

There's always someone up there with us. The cars typically don't stay on the Dragon like the bikes. Regardless of other activities you always have to be watching for tractor trailers, boats and campers being towed, trikes, other bikes.

Pretty sure I've been up there with miatas and minis, vettes, and another kit looking vehicle with a wide track suspension.

And what exactly are the rules there Racer?
Don't F with us BusaDrivers and you'll make it off this mountain alive ?
:laugh:
Don't cross the double yellow.
Allow bikes to pass if you can't keep their pace.

Correct. :lol:

And the car drivers soo be mad that this bikes have more HP than them. :whistle:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

That would be very funny.
You strike up a convo with a Miata owner and one thing leads to another and y'all start talking power and all that stuff.
Miata owner brags 'yeah I'm pushing around 150hp!'
You.....
'Really.....WOW.......my motorcycle makes almost 200!'
:rofl:
Miata owner..
':omg: :hide: :cry:'

Some of those miata's are pulling almost 2g's in the corners.....

An S2000 group was there one year... Man, they made a bunch of us nervous. Some of us met a group of them going the opposite direction, and we just pulled off and let them go by. They couldn't seem to keep from sliding over the double yellow. Hopefully the Miatas are better than that.

From what I see on Killboy, center line crossers seem to come in all shapes and sizes. Even other bikes look to be guilty of it as much as the cars.
Doubtful the Miatas will be any better/worse than any other weekend.

did you ask them if we can paint Delta Tau Chi on the cottage?

Be the fastest a Miata has ever gone. :laugh:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I use to own a miata..... But it wasnt a typical miata! Ls6 383 ci. 6 speed trans. 448rwhp and 442 rwtq! Gallery its been clocked and on video at 177 mph. Fun little car! Never took it to the dragon! But yes you got to be careful riding the dragon and sharing it with the miata's and S2000's. In 08 a miata decided to keep up with me.... He blew the turn and hung it up on the corner of one of them pull off turns! High center on a tree root. The S2000 guys scared me pretty good, more then once coming around a corner to have them drifting in my lane!

I use to own a miata..... But it wasnt a typical miata! Ls6 383 ci. 6 speed trans. 448rwhp and 442 rwtq! Gallery its been clocked and on video at 177 mph. Fun little car! Never took it to the dragon! But yes you got to be careful riding the dragon and sharing it with the miata's and S2000's. In 08 a miata decided to keep up with me.... He blew the turn and hung it up on the corner of one of them pull off turns! High center on a tree root. The S2000 guys scared me pretty good, more then once coming around a corner to have them drifting in my lane!

Very nice work! I had a '73 Vega GT Hatchback with a 350ci stuffed in it....cars like those are fun!

I agree those dang S2000 drivers were serious danger on the dragon!!!
Most fun group were the Smart Cars! They were a hoot!

Some good news, typically there are at least 2 Biker Rallys going on when we are there. The Cherokee Survivor and the Maggie Valley, which jam packs all the roads around the dragon and US129 it's self. BUT....Cherokee was scheduled for the weekend after the Bash though it is cancelled as of this time. The Maggie Valley rally is middle of May.

This however does not mean that there wont be a lot of slow first time cruiser riders on the dragon as well as the cars.

Tip of the Week: Ride the dragon early ie; 8am-10am. OR right it late ie: 4pm-8pm. Then go enjoy all the other roads that are less crowded.

I lead a "dusk/night" ride usually on Thursday night for anyone wanting to tag along. It's starting to become a Tradition for a few of us. (Hat Tip to MCMustang) This consists of riding up just before dusk, hangin at the lookout to garner our courage and head back down in the dark! Bring your HID's!!!! All are welcome!

Back