just another 4 stroke to 2 stroke conversion thread

shdow8948

Registered
i have looked on the web and found some threads on this topic and i happened to come across the problem of expelling exhaust fumes. i had an idea that included a vacuum to allow for expulsion of air from the cylinder at the right time. im not going into any depth about other factors, but if you take the design of a four stroke engine and mod the cams to allow for proper valve movement and incorporated the vacuum that gets created in the cylinder during the downward stroke to allow the vacuum to expel the exhaust. the only problem is how? if there is a vacuum in the cylinder would the opening of the exhaust valve at the bottom of the stroke expel gas fast enough (doubt it) or would a custom turbo/supercharger kinda thing have to be built and a port incorporated at the bottom of the cylinder that allowed air pressure to be built up and when the port is opened the exhaust valve open at the same time and use the pressurized air to force the exhaust out? and then also incorporate pressurized direct fuel injection to allow for the mixture of fuel and air to not escape the valve. Thanks in advanced.

Welcome tonthe oRg. I am sure someone will be along shortly to discuss your topic. :welcome:

it's much more complicated. With nough money to hire the proper engineering team a design can be made. There are some really advanced "2 stroke" design concepts out there. You wouldn't do this for an existing 4 stroke engine. Instead you start with a clean piece of paper. If engine tech is something that you're interested in then check out SAE.
SAE International
There's a great engine expo right around the corner as well.
Engine EXPO 2011

I don't know your location but if you would like to attend the expo I can provide free admission under my company.

Just buy this $4000 obo

Better H1.jpg

Back