It's nearly done!

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
The wiff and I have nearly completed our transition to Rio Rancho, NM, just outside Albuquerque. So far, so good! We've been loving this monsoon weather out here and having a good time setting up the new house. Yup. Finally took possession last week and just got the net connection yesterday.

As soon as the movers bring our stuff, we'll be off and running! Just a couple more items of furniture to be delivered and then we're done!

In the meantime, we're just cooling our jets as far as the riding goes. There's a road we found on the map called Sandia Crest Highway and we're looking forward to trying it out.

Anyone want to get together, let us know. Also, we're very interested in finding out what dealerships or shops out here are reliable and dependable.

Finally!

--Wag--

Good to hear from ya Wag... sounds like everything is coming together and thats always good!  You guys in New Mexico need to send some of that rain to north Texas... we are 8 1/2 inchs behind on the year!  It's so dry here i bet if you kicked a rock and it hit the sidewalk and caused a spark it would burn 5000 acres!  
wow.gif
The tress that dont normally lose their leaves until fall are already loosing leaves!

<!--EDIT|Sloto200
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154365538 -->

Glad you made it Wag. The crest ride is a good one, nice and cool right now great view from the top too!!

R&S on lomas is a good shop, Rick is the owner and he is a good guy, actually he owns all the R&S stores in the area. There is one over by the cottonwood mall that just opened not long ago but havent been to is yet. They run the desert race series I race in so i get to deal with him alot. Another one is motorsport on montgomery, but the best place to get tires is R&S yamaha on Juan Tabo, they always have a 50% off sale going!!

Just what I was hoping for. Thanks a million for the information. I'll have to look those place up. Looks like we'll have a ride on tomorrow!

--Wag--

Glad to hear it's working out for ya. Here's to a new & rewarding location.
beerchug.gif
- Kent

Thanks for the kudos. Pics coming up as soon as I can get them off the camera!

--Wag--

Okay, some pics, just for fun.

Front of the house.

House_Front.jpg

Back Patio. The trick will be getting all of our friends underneath there during any rainstorms!

back_patio.jpg

wag..glad you are all set and safely there. Just wanted to let you know I got your phone message. I just forgot all about it.

Sorry.

hogger...

glad you moved out okay...I know, how that goes, and I'm workin on a deal, moving to DC...just found a business...anyway, hope everything works out best for you and your wiff...
biggrin.gif

No problem, Hogger. We're planning a tentative ride south from Springerville to Safford. We're going to wait until things cool down a bit more and then we'll post a note about it.

You're welcome to join up when we get it rollin' Probably end of September.

As for the house, we've spent the last few days putting up blinds, buying furniture, waiting for deliveries of same, epoxy coating the garage floor, that kind of thing. Should be pretty cozy in the next couple of weeks. We're both really jazzed about it.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. We're going to go hit the trails tomorrow if it isn't raining!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Great look'in house!!!!

All you need is some grass
poke.gif

Ah, forgot, there is no grass in NM!!!
tounge.gif

... always glad to hear that life is being good to someone! Congrats!
smile.gif

enjoy the rain while it lasts, it can be a very rare occasion out here. You got here just in time for some wierd weather!!

Our landscaping is going to be rocks. Yup. No watering required!
biggrin.gif

We've gotten what seems like about 20 years worth of rain in the last few weeks. Amazing. The Rio Grande is actually a true river now!
laugh.gif
More water in it than I've ever seen or heard of.

What's ironic is that where we used to live in So. CA is having their hottest weather ever for this time of year while NM is having their coolest ever. I'm very please that the good weather loves us enough to have followed us!

I don't even remember monsoons being this ferocious when I was growing up in the AZ desert. This WAS supposed to be like coming home.
biggrin.gif
Not complaining, not complaining!

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

Back