It\'s Gonna Happen

Guys, I agree wholehartly but----think about it. "Son, I clocked you doing 175 in a 45" Believe me the next thing you will remember is "Boy this is your new cellmate--Leroy Big****. I think you'all will have a lot in common" Shudder

Snap,
I'll ride it when I want to. You know deep inside you want to take my NEW cruiser for a ride if I decide to get it. Plus, If I don't ride your bike, how will it ever know it's a "true sportbike"?
God, I'm already gettin' flamed by my "old riding buddies"....
What next? Loose my lifetime membership to the Church of the Holy Scraped Knee?
Later,
Slow Poke (Formerly known as Nailz)

Well emattson did it!!!!! He just posted a picture of his new Kaw 1500 Cl***ic. Its a gorgous bike and I'm sure he'll be at Tooseys tomorrow. Techwood, BJ you guys going to make it?

Guys (dp and others) I appreciate your prespectives on this. The thought is not to bum you out on your next ride but when you are not riding, these thoughts go through your head. I dont know how it is in the areas you guys live, but here there are no "cop free" areas. You cannot drive 5 miles anywhere here without seeing a cop. The mountains where we ride I think have a cop every couple of miles everywhere. Cyclists are their main source of income. I was riding home last sunday on a deserted back road---free of traffic,even houses and decided to enjoy the "power of the bus" only for a few seconds. As you know "a few seconds" means your doing over 130 mph. As I was slowing down a sheriff's car topped the hile coming toward me. I had slowed down to 60 or so but he still turned his lights on and pointed at me. What if he had been 5 seconds earlier?? See what I mean?

Yup... I'm an offical "cruiser" now. I put 120 miles on it today and had a nice "putt". I have been wanting a cruiser since I bought my new GSXR 750 in 97. It was a sweet carver, but I could not do the long rides I enjoy. I love sport riding. I have been sharpening my skills at it for over 20 years. If I feel the need, I think I'll pick up a used sportbike and run some WERA (Regional racing). To all of the go-fast-guys... May all your straffing runs be injury, accident and ticket free. Do me a favor and shout out Nailz once or twice when you hit that magical 3 miles per minute run!!!!
See me in your rearview...
Slow Poke

ahh .. I think you mean

Life is boring with out the prospect of DEATH.

"full-throttle" is just the means by which you choose to cheat Deaths boney fingers from reaching into this world and yank'n you out!

Velociraptor: How often is Pridmore open during the season for lessons? How much does it cost? Can you post a way to contact them, email, phone number etc.

I am from Vancouver, BC but would like to take some official lessons on the track. Nothing is available in BC that I have found.

Thanks

That cop was just on one of their power trips.. if you were doing sixty YOU DID NOTHING WRONG ! He can a.ssume you where speed everytime he sees you but he cant give you a ticket for it... hmm well it would be a big pain in the a.ss to defend your self. But then again that would be pushing it for that little guy.

Sorry to hear about your trade.. Hope you enjoy your new view at the back of the pack :) all in fun of couse.. GOOD LUCK my friend.

Well, I dont know what to say---Nailz uh I mean Slow Poke, is the best rider I have met in many years of riding. I hope he has not started a trend with this crusier thing. At least now when we ride together he will not be able to make fun of my "razor sharp corniering abilities" The cop that turned on his lights did not stop me, he just waved his finger (I think it was index) at me and frowned. Slow poke---got to be in Ellsworth all day tomorrow--give you a call.

Earl And Techwood,
Techwood, Thanks for the reply and I too would consider it honor to putt with you!!!! We need to hook-up.. you on yer' cruiser and me om mine. Earl, Thanks for the compliments... You can putt with Techwood, BJ, Snap, Terry, and myself anytime. :) Snap might take the high speed stuff to the track (I might also), and look into a cruiser. Terry is also. Ted is more of a full on cruiser (Goldwing... or the oppisite...the Magna). Earl, I had you wavering for a day or so. I'll let you putt my new cruiser and see what ya' think. When you let me ride your R1, it made me get the 9R... That was a sweet ride... But so is your Abuser... life is tough!!!!
Slow Poke

Back
Top Bottom