Questions on the Busa\'s other triats..

OB_asubayah

Registered
Up here there aren't too many curves with the speed limits you mentioned but on the highway which winds through mountains on one side and the ocean on the other, the speed limit is 55mph. I have gone as fast as 120mph through these with only one problem:the "tar veins" that run through the road. They do strange things to your steering and cause your rear end to pucker-up. Try the Last Frontier for
riding,we have miles & miles of road where you can test your 'busa's capabilities and the Cops sensibilities.

The 99 Hayabusa is a really great bike, we have only one person here at this site abandon the Busa due to early problems(tranny locked and he had a hard time with SUZUKI Corp.)
This motorcycle is the best bike I have ever ridden/owned. We as owners had to wait and wait for delivery of the bike, I dont know how many times I heard next week - I took delivery April 15. I have been literally "Laughing Out Loud" almost every time I ride it. As powerful a bike it is, also is most civilized and can fit into any riding group. And when the moment strikes you, you can tear a new A__hole out of most anything you encounter on the street. People that Dragrace are having great success and fun. The few that Roadrace the Busa in the Extreme classes, be it Japan or the US have had their work cut out to compete against bikes that are much smaller and lighter(Erion Hondas and R1's). But in the recent Suzuka races the Hayabusa won the class it raced in, not bad for a bike with a couple months of prep/r&d. Rad Greaves went to the track with a little more than three weeks of raceprep for his first outing in AMA Formula Extreme. Rad also has kept the RaceBusa in the top ten, the other bikes in the class have years of development on their CBR900's and R-1's. This guy is still sorting out the chassis every weekend. The stock Busa wheelbase is 58" not a short little R-1 by no means.

Problems, it is hard to keep tires on it and harder to find aftermarket parts for the bike as well. And many owner will tell you getting parts can be a Backorder adventure when you go to the Suzuki dealer(even exhaustgaskets).

Have you read anything bad about the bike anywhere, I haven't. Personally my bike has cutout a couple of times but I will not get sell it, I am confident the cure is soon to be in hand.
This site offers a lot of information to the members. As individuals progress with aftermarket product installation,the knowlege is shared. Bob, Frank, Chris and many more!

The traits I notice most is that it is just a really great bike. People are quick to complain about anything and seldom do people ever compliment anything. Well I have no complaints(nothing worth loseing sleep over).

If I wanted a twistie bike I would have bought an R1 or 996. No complaints just PRIDE.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 12 August 1999).]

Of course I plan on getting a 2000 busa but i have a few questions for the owners of the machine. I know about the amazing "can't be put into words ,must experience", monstrous acceleration of the beast. What i'd like to know is One: how does the machine Handle in the twisties? I know its not exactly a "knee scraping" machine but i'm curious as to how good it carves curves. What were your entering and exiting speeds for curves that had 40mph,35mph, or even 25mph speed signs posted for them? How did the machine feel? Give good feedback as to what was going on with the rubber and the road? Did anyone try adjusting the suspension and at what settings did any improvements come at? and Two: how about the machines brakes? How would u rate them? Room for improvement? Or do they do the job well and give good feedback when on them hard. Just curious. I have yet to test ride a busa, and i don't really want to until i get one of my own. Kinda hate to ruin the whole "abused for the first time" experience with just a quick run on another persons machine. I can wait til next year.... and wait..and wait...

no waitaminute...this is the busa i'm talking about..not the Zx-12...heh heh

speed

Back