it might be time....

BUSAFETT

Registered
Earlier this year, I was advised of a potential trade of my '05 Busa for an M109R. I turned it down.. but as the year has progressed, I'm considering "slowing down", and I've sent word to the owner via 3rd party that it might be time now..

What does everyone think of that as a possible trade?

BF

You have to do what is best for you, at least you aren't looking at ZX14's or something like that. I've looked at and sat on the M109R (never ridden though), very nice bikes!

I find that I enjoy the "slow cruise" more and more.
That's where I'm getting to- and frankly, I'm getting sick of riding with new people and being told "you ride a Hayabusa and you ride that slow??". Why is it inferred that when you own this bike you have to be riding like a moron all the time?

I find that I enjoy the "slow cruise" more and more.
That's where I'm getting to- and frankly, I'm getting sick of riding with new people and being told "you ride a Hayabusa and you ride that slow??".  Why is it inferred that when you own this bike you have to be riding like a moron all the time?
laugh.gif

I wanted a cruiser myself but I had to consider Mikki's comfort if I was going to spend the money thus ending up with the Royal Star Venture. I would of bought the Raider in a heartbeat.

I ride alone. Not as much fun but since I lost my best friend years ago I choose not to. I could trust him. He knew what I would do and I he. Look at those gas prices!
winkold.gif

RIP my beloved friend.

r8

104_0412.JPG

Earlier this year, I was advised of a potential trade of my '05 Busa for an M109R. I turned it down.. but as the year has progressed, I'm considering "slowing down", and I've sent word to the owner via 3rd party that it might be time now..

BF
I was actually looking at the all Orange 08 M109 down in Seattle last week and I really like the looks, just not sure I would like the ride?
peace.gif

I like Both My Bikes Equally. I just Ride the Correct Bike for whatever Mood I am in. Do Love the Look of the 109 though.......

PS "Oh by the Way, I have been told that I Ride my BUSA slow also, so Don't let that Bother You"

0604081619a.jpg

It really dont matter if you ride slow or fast, just so you enjoy your ride. The 109 is a great looking bike, so, do what you think is best for you and good luck.
smile.gif

I have the Harley Road King when I want to cruise, I think having the best of woth worlds is key to being balanced, good luck bro I will still ride with you....if we can keep you out of the damn drive in
argue.gif

For some reason the busa fits both my worlds. I've contemplated buying a cruiser, but find that the urge to twist her back comes on me when I least expect it. Sometimes I go out just looking for a cruise. Then I come to a beautiful stretch of road, and I fall in love with my busa all over again.

I have a 2005 Harley dyna wide glide for when I want to cruise.

I kept my 2005 Hayabusa for the days when I just need to get somewhere fast
and those days I just feel like riding with my other buds with Gixxers.

Hey.. Was nosing around the stealership last week..... Seen the owner, asked what i was doing there... I replyed.. just looking around... INterested in the 109. He said he road one home the nite before. 65 plus owner. He said.... take it for a ride.
Have always like the 109,, sexy..... claimed 127bhp. Was always concerned about the riding postion... forward controls. ,, away i went...... the riding postion was fine.. but... little disappointed with the claimed 127 bhp. Wife loves the 109.. she says... look at the Buck on the back of that thing.{rear tire} So... when i get the extra 13 grand... think i will go for it. As for the yamaha... hmm.... ya... they get great reviews.. but not a suzuki,
As for touring..... I believe nothing can compares to the Goldwing, JUst my 2 cents.
Good luck on your decision... you can always buy a 2mil 09 busa..
beerchug.gif

Earlier this year, I was advised of a potential trade of my '05 Busa for an M109R.  I turned it down..  but as the year has progressed, I'm considering "slowing down", and I've sent word to the owner via 3rd party that it might be time now..

BF
Had the same feeling last year so I traded my 06 Busa for an 06 GSXR1000. I no longer feel the need to cruise.
hello.gif

riding is riding... busa, dirt bike , cruiser just pick what ever you want.... you can always change
smile.gif

I regard the M109R the same as the Busa in that when you see it...

YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS.

If I couldn't have a Busa, I'd get the M109R. The white one.

beerchug.gif

M109 is a fine bike. I dont think it would be good for touring though. The new c109 might be of interest to you if you like touring. I would not worry about how fast or slow you ride. My rule is to ride my ride. Do what your comfortable with. Happy hunting.

Back