It actually rained in SoCal today...

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
...first time in like 8 months or something stupid like that... ...and probably one seven hundred billionth of an inch (that's 700,000,000,000, in case you're wondering what it looked like in numerals).

:laugh:

Anyway, I went out riding with a friend, Zach, (owner of 1off Racing/R1) and a new bud he introduced me to (Andrew/R6).

We took it pretty easy because the roads were intermittently slick, but it all of sudden felt like the seasons had changed.

OK, now that it's rained, Winter is Official Over!!!

:rofl:

Here are a couple of pix of our ride into the country... Greenfield, Crest, Harbison, Japatul, then slabbed it back to SD for late lunch at Gordon Biersch.

Great day, guys...

:beerchug:

OMG, Real Weather!.jpg

Face Shield.jpg

Cock Pit.jpg

Andrew's R6.jpg

Zach and Andrew.jpg

Three Awesome Machines.jpg

Rainy Sunday (1).jpg

Last edited:
Bet your glad thats finally over:laugh:

Seriously thought we'd never get through it. It was a veritable deluge. A droplet here, a droplet there... Very random.

What a relief...now we can get back to life as we know it...

:laugh:

BTW, that was a sweet pic you sent me earlier:beerchug:

Glad you liked it...I look forward to having you and your lovely bride out here one day to enjoy it in person.

:beerchug:

The sooner, the better.

Scar

Wow, sure glad winters over. Hope it says winter here in Arizona for a while. Cool pics...:beerchug:

I grew up listening to this song about the rain out there.

- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California[/url]

Sorry you got caught out in it.:laugh:

Here is our gang from yesterday, started 17 bikes stong.:thumbsup:

11-1-08 ride.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sure glad winters over. Hope it says winter here in Arizona for a while. Cool pics...:beerchug:

We had actually planned to get Winter out of the way before your visit here next month, bubba.

The key to a successful event is planning, I've always said.

:rofl:

I grew up listening to this song about the rain out there.

- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California[/url]

Sorry you got caught out in it.:laugh:

We figured we'd get a little wet...the clouds to the east were amazing. You know...we don't get too many clouds here.

Anyway, Albert Hammond, it turns out, was right. It never rains here. It burns, wildly, because of it.

Dayum him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good pics guys. Thank's for sharing. You make us Midwesterners envious this time of year. We did have a perfect Fall day here today though. I put on several miles in the Shawnee National Forest with two fellow Busa riders. Not many days left this season!

Good pics guys. Thank's for sharing. You make us Midwesterners envious this time of year. We did have a perfect Fall day here today though. I put on several miles in the Shawnee National Forest with two fellow Busa riders. Not many days left this season!

Of if you really want to make it sound good you could say you spent most of the day outrunning a LEO :laugh:

What is rain?
Do you mean the white stuff that falls on Angeles Crest?
???
Posted via Mobile Device

scar, first time it has rained since May in LA - most of Sat but Sunday was great by 11:00 am for a long ride.

scar, first time it has rained since May in LA - most of Sat but Sunday was great by 11:00 am for a long ride.

Sweet! Everyone needs a nice long ride! :beerchug:

Where did you go, bro?

Last edited:
I am insulted that you would consider that "riding in the rain/post rain" conditions :poke:

Come on up and join me on a wet ride :moon:

Back