Cycle Fest/ Meet/ Ventura, and Tire write up

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
First off here is a Link to some of my pics granted there alota fewer then the other guys but some decent ones none the less

The Review of the Venturea Bike pack and the New Z6 Mentzler Road tech tires will be at the end of the write up. Hope your ready. And yes the grammer will suck
tounge.gif

Now for my long winded adventure to cycle fest
rant.gif

First off things did not look well when i went to install Tires on monday wheel bearing looked bad. So i consulted the local John Deere Dealer and managed to get the bearing that was bad so i cleaned and repacked the other 2 along with installing the new one. Which by the way is Crossed over outta a R JD tractor. Oil is changed and everything is ready as i install the Ventura Rack i recived Wensday evening from the fellow Board member Which i will go into more detail later.

I am startled as My hired man comes barelling into the yard and says the Neighbors Combine across the road is on fire
wow.gif
So i dash for the large 4 wheel drive and disk and proceed as fast as i can to start making a fire break in the oats field but needless to say it still managed to burn about 15-20 acres but never crossed the road lucky for them we had a water tank standing by with a miniture fire hose end on it to help combat things which made for a long evening. Get done at around 9-9:30. Now time to decide bike is ready but i need to pack yet which i do.

Now time to figure out weather i will leave or not which i decide on since i had 633 miles to copper and needed to meet Justin in North Platte NE the following morning 298 miles away. So at Midnight after getting a bite to eat i tool on down the road heading twords North platte Nebraska. I get west of Winner SD and run into some lovely packed gravel like road since they are re doing it
mad.gif
wish i woulda checked into that before route planning but oh well. I continue on and Make it to north platte at about 5:30 in the morning after dodge a few deer on the way there but with 3/4 full moon and a decent temp it made for a nice night ride cruised along around 70 mph.

Now 5:30am really to early or late for a motel so i pull up some sidewalk at the BP station that i filled up at, Arm my alarm on my bike and take a snooze until justin calls me at 7 am tell him i'm there so he says he will be right on the way. happen to look over at my bike and see a small puddle of oil under it
wow.gif
after further investigation i find it to be the Woodcraft stater cover that i had just installed. is leaking a small amount of oil around the skid pad area.
mad.gif
well not much i can do about it but hope it dose not get worse but i don't like the idea of my bike marking it's territory like a harley.
1zhelp.gif
So now awake once again i proceed into the BP for alittle Gatorade and alittle social hour with the very nice cutey working that morning.

Justin Arrives we introduces ourselves and onto the road we go. on this lovely long straigh flat road ack not to eventful luckily. stop along the way eat and fuel and onto denver.

On the way from Denver to Copper run across some nice rain showers but at least after the tunnel we got some sun to dry ourselves out. We arrive around 4:40 OR SO AT Copper Check in and get our gear situated and the room and then procceed to check out where everything is.

Friday Get up and get some grub and head on down to check things out first off we head down to register for the poker run which has now changed times to 12 and is a dual sport
rock.gif
ok whatever head back for some demo rides and run Across Sunny and his crew things go well and then head into Town to wash my very diry bike and run Across a Guy i know from Minneapolis and his bike in the Car wash hmm small world so he plans to join us for the poker run later very nice.

Poker run starts off late but hey not to bad they take us around some draw our cards then told head up to loveland pass and be back in a hour for the dual sport guys are gona go play so hey thats cool we do that run and run across a group of buells that had a rider go down but he's alright which is great. Sunny and the others ran across a funny man with bags.

Anyways to shortin this up more.
Meetin other board members was hit and miss but i'm glad i got to meet most everyone. Our ride to Independence pass was an awesome trip even if i did miss out on my demo ride.
My bike was small problematic over the entire weekend with the oil leak. Which thanks to sunday morning Moondog Letting me fix it in his trailer. To the clip that hold my shifter on comeing off. to my wheel bearing going out on the way home.

Lucky for me Zukracer was kind enough to unload his bike and come and get me in the middle of Lusk and Orin WY 150 miles from Rapid City SD. It was a bit of a scary ride the bike wobbled alot while slowing down i almost thought it was a tire had gone flat. the next day i get ahold of my father to come and get me from Rapid and i show Zuk a few of the roads to take on a map woulda loved to have showed him in person but that wasn't gona happen Still unsure of the total damage i haven't taken my bike apart yet to see

But as a whole I wouldn't change what i did in the least the trip with Rythm to Cheynne was awesome and the roads where mighty tasty also and meeting the member even with our Rowing experince on the bikes back to copper on sat night from the cook out.
Was all good just wish i coulda been able to get in some of the other events. the bike show sat was cool and seeing all them busas at one time was awesome and finnally getting to role with a group of them was even better. things i never get where i live.

Now here's the bad part things i was really disapointed in.
The manufacture turn out and Vendor turn out at cycle fest i was not very impressed with I thought there woulda been a higher number especially vendors.
The only Manufactures ther was Suzuki, yamaha, Buell, kawasaki, and Harley. Which was disapointing i head that Honda, Triumph, and Aprilla where there last year demoing.

Other things that bothered me was this is a suzkui event and there was no GSXR's for demo rides only the SV series, cruisers and the Vstroms. But you could go to the Kawi tent and ride and New ZX10 or 12, or any one of there line up of bikes. Suzuki was also the slowest to get around on demo rides and they where also the most mellow of the demo rides i went on also. for the ZX 10 i really got to open it up and see what the bike could do which was awesome even if there was a near miss accident. Yamaha also had a good Selection of Bikes but there R series of course like the R1 and R6 but they had everything else pretty much.

Otherwise the layout in the complex was great i had no other complaints i still enjoyed the event and everything else.

One thing that perpelex me was the bike show and stuff the mile high busa club had help organize. I liked the shirt and entered my bike in the show and checked out there schedule as many of us did. the judgeing was from 1:30 to 3 so i went of to check out the event during this time. cause at 3:30 or 4 i thought it was we where to have group pics and the drawing. Now when i arrive at 3 i come to find out the pics are done the awards are handed out they are packing up leaving and i had won a shirt or something but since i was not around i lost out along with 2 other members that happend to be with me at the time. i'm wondering what the deal with that was sorry to say i was just a bit
mad.gif
But nothing i can do about it just venting on it. Oh and congrats to the winner of the bike show.

Overal the event was very nice the rooms where great and the people i meet where awesome even some of the none org members, and the riding was great.

Would i do it again. Hmmm mabey but more then likely no Unless there was gona be a group of Org members there but by myself no it wasnt worth the trip to me the other members and the riding was still the better part of the trip.

Now onto the reviews

The Z6 Road tech Mentzler tires i installed i thought where awesome especally after getting them scrubed in had alittle slip on friday but they wasn;t fully scrubbed in yet but after that there wet traction was very good and the dry was excellent i thought i never fully knee dragged but i never had no slipping issues. and there wear seems to be great so far with 1300 miles on them this trip alone and about half or better upright.

Venture Rack

Wow i wish i woulda got one sooner. makes things very nice with it's capacity and it puts the weight very much like your have a very small passenger behind you expect your not feeling the arms holding ya
biggrin.gif
It handles the twisties very well i never noticed any major weight transfer problems or nothing you can Ask Rythm i leaned the bike over very well with that pack on and i still had no issues with traction or it feeling wobbly

So i'd definatly do the ventura rack it may be a bit spendy but it's well worth it especually if you don't like the idea of saddle bags but need some major capacity

Well thats a enough of a ramble i think

wow.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Ok just as well throw in a few pics

independence pass
Majorpimp.jpg

Got kinda close to snow

LookMaSnow.jpg

Rythm our explorer
Vigilanticexploerer.jpg

Rocky mountain park me and the Rythm tear it up
DefinatlyNotKansas.jpg

Berserk and a couple of the Hooters Girls

Berserkandhooters.jpg

Hmmm a light in the middle of nowhere?

Sincewhenwastherelightsinthemiddleo.jpg

Hmm this can't be good
Uhoh.jpg

Hmmm mabey a hitch hicker?
Cutelittleguy.jpg

Before we could tear it up we had a bit of a hold up
ColoradoConstruction.jpg

Hmm can ya find the road

Hmmfindtheroad.jpg

Todd, nice pic's and write up! I had a blast meeting the members, but just like you was not happy that Suzuki didn't represent better at their own event! Would love to spend more time on the road riding and less time back at the hotel... So next year I plan on doing just that.

Excellent write up Todd. It was great meeting you. To bad there wasn't more org members there, maybe next year. Overall I thought it was well worth travelling down there.
biggrin.gif
As far as the ventura luggage system, I wouldn't use anything else. Thanks to ks-waterbug for posting about it a few months ago!! You da man.
cool.gif

good write up. I agree that the Suzuki should have stepped up a little better, not only sponsoring the event its their 20th anniversary.
as far as meeting the members I thought it was a great time, just wish we could have done more together. Next year we ought to plan on being there, but have our own agenda. Yes, I am going to be there next year, except I'll be in a condo this time around.

Hey Todd, it was cool as hell rolling with ya through the Rockie Mt.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
.  I was getting alittle sea sick watching your rear tire leaning back and forth  so much
laugh.gif
it appears the road racing course you took paid off and some  
super.gif
. But n all I had a great time meeting and chilln with everybody I meet from the board and the few other new recruits.  Cant wait to do it again next year !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125414995 -->

beerchug.gif

Next year, I'm taking the whole week off, too far to go for just 2 days. There was so much to do that my riding plan went out the window...hopefully more members will attend. I found one thing out, I'm not a "large group ride" kind of guy, way too controlled and way too slow. However, next year we can plan some high speed .org rides.....maybe the weather will be a bit better. Todd, glad ya made it home...now you better get on them fields....daylight's a wastin'
beerchug.gif

moondog
Professional Pilot

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:1.05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year, I'm taking the whole week off, too far to go for just 2 days. There was so much to do that my riding plan went out the window...hopefully more members will attend. I found one thing out, I'm not a "large group ride" kind of guy, way too controlled and way too slow. However, next year we can plan some high speed .org rides.....maybe the weather will be a bit better. Todd, glad ya made it home...now you better get on them fields....daylight's a wastin'
[/QUOTE]

Dude, we had plenty of hi-speed runs the whole time there, you were just hangn out with the wrong crowd
tounge.gif
.. Also tell your wife I said Wuzzzzzz up, MoonDog, it was nice chattn with you two !
super.gif

Back