Is oil/oil????????

nuknuk31707

Registered
Went to the local cycle shop to get the oil for my bike and damm its 10.00$ a quart .All said and done 58.00$ for oil and filter
MY ? is can I use any synthiec in a BUSA&1000 Because I can get royal purple oil for 6.00$ a quart and I am a big fan of it I would like to use it over the stuff my cycle shop sales

THANK YOU

Only if Royal Purple makes motorcycle oil. The cycle oil has addatives in it because the engine and transmission use the same oil. But where the heck are you getting your oil from? I know you said the local cycle shop, but who is it? I just paid $32 for 4 quarts of oil, a filter, and a new crush washer. . . That was at the dealership. . .

I hope this isn't another car oil makes clutches slip discussions, most of us turbo gus run mobil 1 "car" oil synthetic. I made 460 hp / 280 ft*lbs with it, and use castrol syntec as well.

royal purple makes motorcycle oil (max-cyle) and if you can get that for $6 that is a great price. where? at the risk of sounding like an oil thread, but not an oil thread, I will only put motorccyle oil in mine.

I hope this isn't another car oil makes clutches slip discussions, most of us turbo gus run mobil 1 "car" oil synthetic. I made 460 hp / 280 ft*lbs with it, and use castrol syntec as well.

REALLY?! wow, i thought FOR SURE, you could not run car oil do to clutch slipping ??? learn something new everyday...or i should say every time i log in! :laugh: :beerchug:

I use Rotella T Syntec 5w30 in everything. Great stuff , never had any problems. just my $.02

Yeah its 5w40,, sorry, my fingers didnt hit the right key.. Still $16.96 at my local Walmart

I use Rotella T Syntec 5w30 in everything. Great stuff , never had any problems. just my $.02

I saw it at the Seabrook NH ChinaMart the other day. Right at $20. I've been putting off doing the oil change in my truck and bike because of it, but I'm close to where I actuall do need a change. Bah.. $70 for oil plus a ridiculous cartridge filter... I'm not looking forward to winter. I've put 8k on my bike this summer. Think about that at 14mpg and $4.70/gal instead of 45mpg and $3.60/gal... bike is paying for itself now even with having to change tires more often.

I'm not sayin that it will definitely make your clutch slip, I'm just sayin there's a difference in the oil for a reason. If there wasn't any need for it, they wouldn't make it. Or at least it wouldn't cost the same. You can buy motorcycle oil and car oil for about the same price.

:p

That's what you get for drivin a FORD truck! :p Duramax only takes 10, and uses a normal style filter. Not the $50 cartrige the Powersmoke takes.

Hey now......

This will not turn into a Powerstroke bashing thread, or da banning will start :poke:

i know this is a discussion as old as time. but i just wanted to say that becuase of some money issues i just got done putting 3500 miles on the bike with valvoline 5w-30 car oil. i swapped it with silkolene full synthetic and there is definately a reason they make motorcycle specific oil. when it came out of the bike it was way past burnt, i won't be making that mistake again.

Hey now......

This will not turn into a Powerstroke bashing thread, or da banning will start :poke:

LOL! I'm sorry. I work for GM, so. . . Just be glad you don't get it changed at my dealership. . . you'd be out about 150 dollars.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is "oil"..."oil" ????......ummm....errr...uhhhh....."NO" !!!!!! Anything else you need help with, just let me know.... :oldcool:

What weight Smith? I was at the auto store and they had Castro Syntec buy one get one free.:whistle:

I recommend no thinner than a 10W. And use a Multi-viscosity oil.

Run a good name brand oil, and change the oil and oil filter on a regular basis. And ask the quetion - "Do you know anyone who has had a clutch failure due to his/her oil of choice?"

Don't settle for an answer like "Well, a friend of a friend of my 3d cousins, brother in law, had this happen".

I have asked this question for several years, and have yet to meet a person who had a clutch failure due to the use of "wrong oil".

Back