Insurance!

tophog

Registered
I just about #### my pants. Got a new 06 Busa a few weeks ago and called to add to my bike insurance thru Foremost where I have had my Harley insured for the past 5 years...only to find out the Busa would be $1041/year compared to $328 for my 2001 Wideglide. I couldn't beleive it and though she hit the wrong button or something. I am 42 years old with perfect driving record ...hell, I told her I had more in accessories on the Harley then the Busa cost! There's no way in hell I'll pay that much a year to ride it ...and the quote was for 3-4K miles a year with 500 deductibles. Jesus christ ...I guess I should have investigated this before buying but didn't think insurance would be 3X the Harley when the bike cost 1/2 much.

What's everyone else paying and thru who? Is this what I should expect to pay for insurance on the Busa?

I pay $400 annually with state farm. Thats full coverage with a $500 deductible. Shop around and you will find a better rate. Don't let the man keep you down..

$280/6 months State Farm.( just on the Busa) Had to insure the wife's van there also to get that rate. Still saved about a grand/year altogether on both.

State Farm seems to be the best but to get their better rates ya hafta insure more than the Busa. If you had life, house, car, truck, and multiple bikes on State Farm your insurance would be two baseball cards and a ring pop per six months!!
laugh.gif

I just about #### my pants.  Got a new 06 Busa a few weeks ago and called to add to my bike insurance thru Foremost where I have had my Harley insured for the past 5 years...only to find out the Busa would be $1041/year compared to $328 for my 2001 Wideglide.  I couldn't beleive it and though she hit the wrong button or something.  I am 42 years old with perfect driving record ...hell, I told her I had more in accessories on the Harley then the Busa cost!  There's no way in hell I'll pay that much a year to ride it ...and the quote was for 3-4K miles a year with 500 deductibles.  Jesus christ ...I guess I should have investigated this before buying but didn't think insurance would be 3X the Harley when the bike cost 1/2 much.

What's everyone else paying and thru who?  Is this what I should expect to pay for insurance on the Busa?
Ditto

Almost the exact same thing happened to me.  I've ranted quite a bit here about it.

I got a quote on a GSXR1000 since I was debating whether to buy it or the busa.  The 1000 gixxer was about $600 per year (in addition to my other bike, a Kawi 636 which I was ppaying $450/year).  I bought the busa and when my insurance told me it was going to be 1300/year ... I also about sheeeeet me pants.   But I was already in to the years premiums since I already had the Kawi with them, I was screwed for this year.  (my Progressive Insurance has me paying for one year of coverage in the first 4 months so its quite a bit of mulla but after next month its nothing until I renew next spring).

But I can guarantee you I will not pay Progressive that much next year.  I would rather pay Geicco or somebody else if they try that crap again.  Come December/January I'll be negotiating like a crazy for better rates.

Sorry about your misfortune.  ... me too.

<!--EDIT|nimzondn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148406553 -->

I pay 595 just for liability....full coverage in my state is..mega $$$$$ they want $2200 just for theft. We dont have state farm in RI yet.

22 yrs old here and im payin about 67 a month for my busa through state farm......... for my car and bike a life insureance policy im payin right around 170/ month........... like i tell all my buddies. state farm is he way to go

22 yrs old here and im payin about 67 a month for my busa through state farm.........  for my car and bike a life insureance policy im payin right around 170/ month...........  like i tell all my buddies.  state farm is he way to go
Liability?

I've got full coverage.

Geico has always done me well. I pay 43.00 a month for liability. 2003 Busa. I've had all three bikes through them at one time or another as well as my Mini Cooper, HHR, and Dodge Truck.

I think state farm is probably the best from what I've heard. But they won't insure me (for auto or bike) because of a wreck I had 3.5 years ago. Most insurance companies have a 3 year period but SF has a 5 year period for accidents to go off your record. But they're still higher than most of the posts I've seen here .... at least in Tennessee they're higher.

22 yrs old here and im payin about 67 a month for my busa through state farm.........  for my car and bike a life insureance policy im payin right around 170/ month...........  like i tell all my buddies.  state farm is he way to go
Liability?

I've got full coverage.
nope, that is full coverage on both the bike and car.......  but my dedcutible is $1000.  my policy coverage is 100/300/100 on both

$500 deductible wasnt too much more but since i am on a budget i gotta make do with what i can afford.. seems my money tree didnt grow this year. or the past 22 yrs for that matter

<!--EDIT|ozzy04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148416030 -->

$179 ever 6mos with state farm. that's with $500 deductable. Hell State Farm in Florida even covers Track days.

<!--EDIT|Cykill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148433909 -->

lucky bastid... no one will insure my bike, I have my cars & bike with Progressive, $1800 a year & $155 a mo. + $3400a yr. for my vehicles, 27 yrs old, 6 moveing violations , & 1 accident in the last 3 yrs.
AAAssjani.gif
 And thats just Liability  
AAAssjani.gif

down.gif

evil.gif

1zhelp.gif

face7.gif

soapbox.gif

rant.gif

<!--EDIT|BUTTER2BOY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148442396 -->

AAAssjani.gif

they told me if i wanted full coverage it would be $12,000.00 a yr. & just theft would be $8,000.00 a yr.
AAAssjani.gif

so..... i told that a hole if i paid that a yr. ,& something happen i could just buy anther one
mad.gif

Back