Installed akro full system & pair removal tonight

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Got home from work about 5:15pm after a 10 hour shift at the machine shop and just couldn't bare to sit on the internet or watch the boob tube with all that fresh hardware just sitting out there.

Called Dakkine just to let'im know I was tackling it tonight (as he expressed a desire to "Be Here" when I did the install) and he was over my house in minutes..then?...stayed for 5 hours...and that was with me already having the fairings off..fired it up (with the fairings still off) at 11:00pm...missed my wifes steak dinner...and poor Dakkine sliced his hands up in a boxing match with my radiator....but still stayed to hear'er fire up....and omg....I certainly didn't expect the snap throttle response I got sans a PC...especially w/ no pc on a full system...all the "start-up chatter" (compliments of that freaking pair system) is gone...a nice throaty rumble at idle through mid-range complimented with a crisp howl towards the top-end of life...sweet...and again...I never expected the beast to purr and growl this sweet with no PC applied...yet...very pleased.

Thanks again to Dakkine for helping me out as getting the remnants of the stock "carbon black" pair gaskets un-glued from the port faces was a major PITA!...and if I ever bought a brand new busa?..I'd ride it straight from the dealership to my home and it wouldn't move until the pair was freaking gone...it took both of us with razor knives....break free/clp and wire brushes about an hour (or maybe a tad more) dedicated just to getting the old carbon azz stock gaskets off the pair port faces....but....it was all damn sure worth it.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

PS....yes....a pictorial review is coming...but not tonight...I'm to shagged to do anything right now but eat and sleep....and I ain't gonna spend a whole lota time eat'in!
laugh.gif
L8R.

Nice Jinkster!! I've had the full EVO system for about a year and a half now and you will not be disappointed...

Congrats bro!

Dan

Oh shid jinkster.....you realize that with this thread......you are costing me money?

You are one of the last holdouts....I have been eyeing that full akro system for awhile. Really don't need the extra noise, but the loss in weight PLUS the additional power gain...and a more crisp throttle response to boot?

Dam. Guess I'm gonna have to buck up now. Thanks dude. Thanks alot!
tounge.gif

Well Jinks if you remember you and I got the exact same setup a week apart and I posted my thoughts on it a couple weeks ago. I am glad you are happy man but all I am gonna say is that if you think your happy now wait till you ride the powerband on this thing one time. Your gonna go as nuts over it as I did. This is one Heck of an exhaust.

What is the PC?? (or are you talking about the PCIII ??)

P.S. I have Akro as well, if it too quiet, I have a easy & cheap solution, and it will sound much much better

Back