Full akro, smart tre, pair removed, no pc

Bill,
If I can work it out, I would love to meet up on sunday morning. I'll be in touch towards the end of the week??

Hey Jinkster was a a Full race Arko. or The EVO. I think I fixing to upgrade my Hindle to the Arko.EVO.Sys.
I've noticed in several threads that there is some confusion between the systems. Below is an explanation.  I have the full titanium EVO system on mine, I BELEIVE thats what Bill has also.

AKRAPOVIC RACING SYSTEMS
Akrapovic Racing systems are available for the serious competitor. Featuring precision TIG welding, hand built stainless steel tapered headers and crossover tubes for efficient combustion chamber scavenging. Akrapovic mufflers come in two varieties: Carbon wrap and Titanium wrap. The Akrapovic Racing system is ideal for racing machinery. Racing systems can increase horsepower up to 20% as well as reduce the weight of the exhaust system by up to two thirds. Akrapovic Racing systems are no louder than 102 decibels to meet World Superbikes noise requirements. If you want the very best in construction, looks and performance - Demand Akrapovic!

AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION SYSTEMS
Akrapovic Evolution systems are identical to the Akrapovic Racing Full Systems, but are manufactured using titanium head pipes, rather than stainless steel.  This typically results an an estimated 8 pound weight reduction.  Sound and horsepower is similar to the Racing Systems.  Designed on the track, for the track, the Evolution System is the exact same exhaust you will find on World Superbikes in the winner’s circle.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141132193 -->

I added the Akra Evo with pair removed while waiting on the PCIII usb from JC. In the higher rpm's the bike ran like a scalded dog but in the lower rpm's it seemed a little doggy, ruff, rough! The bike was definitely running rich. I could smell the unburnt gas exiting the pipe. After I installed the JC mapped PC the bike really came alive across the powerband. Like day and night. When I blipped the throttle it revved like a real thoroughbred!
If you really want to take full advantage of the money you spent on the pipe you HAVE to get the PCIII. Then you really better hold on! You will never get close to what your bike can really do until you add a mapped PC. I would suggest you PM Johnny Cheese. Once you add the PC you'll wonder why youi ever hesitated.

I have the full titanium EVO system on mine, I BELEIVE thats what Bill has also.
It looks like there definitely is some confusion out there...
tounge.gif
JINKSTER HAS THE RACE VS.

From the horses mouth (Jinkster's that is):

"...conversly?..my akro race (with my choice of Carbon Fiber or Ti Cannister) came to my door for $920....about $100 LESS THAN a BDE/Hindle...and the "Badge" was included in the price."

You can find this quote on the first page of this thread...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Leo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141136141 -->

I have the full titanium EVO system on mine, I BELEIVE thats what Bill has also.
It looks like there definitely is some confusion out there...
tounge.gif
JINKSTER HAS THE RACE VS.

From the horses mouth (Jinkster's that is):

"...conversly?..my akro race (with my choice of Carbon Fiber or Ti Cannister) came to my door for $920....about $100 LESS THAN a BDE/Hindle...and the "Badge" was included in the price."

You can find this quote on the first page of this thread...
wink.gif
OK Dammit, I stand corrected.  
cool.gif
I said I BEIEIVED thats what he had so I didn't have my foot all the way in my mouth
biggrin.gif

Greg B, I agree with you 110%. The PCIII from JC works wonders on many levels
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141136797 -->

It's all good
tounge.gif

cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Leo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141137028 -->

I added the Akra Evo with pair removed while waiting on the PCIII usb from JC. In the higher rpm's the bike ran like a scalded dog but in the lower rpm's it seemed a little doggy, ruff, rough! The bike was definitely running rich. I could smell the unburnt gas exiting the pipe. After I installed the JC mapped PC the bike really came alive across the powerband. Like day and night. When I blipped the throttle it revved like a real thoroughbred!
If you really want to take full advantage of the money you spent on the pipe you HAVE to get the PCIII. Then you really better hold on! You will never get close to what your bike can really do until you add a mapped PC. I would suggest you PM Johnny Cheese. Once you add the PC you'll wonder why youi ever hesitated.
Bingo!...exactly the same results here with a full system, pair removed and smart tre but.. no PC.
sad.gif

I fought my instincts finding it hard to believe that adding a full system could cause the low-end to..."Richen Up"?....I was like wtf?
rock.gif
as this is exactly the opposite I've come to expect going from stock exhaust too full system...as on all prior bikes I've owned going to a full system caused things to go "LEAN" and NOT "Rich"....then again?...my Busa is the first FI'ed bike I've ever owned so?...anythings possible and it's all new to me...well...some of it anyways.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

BTW...the freaking thing shoots a 4" flame out the exhaust if I leave it sit idling for a few moments at cold start-up and then rev it to about 7K...then?...a small "POP!" and flame show.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back