Impressive Little Turbo

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
This customer drove 7 hours to drop off his bike that was hardly running.

After a new Rcc FMU, fuel lines, billet filter, and injector cleaning we were pretty impressed with what this stage 1 Hahn kit made with 10psi, on a built motor.

I need a stock gen 2 header to decat . Also been a bit busy riding lately with this super nice spring weather we are having . I would like to say before summer kicks off , but its hard to be accurate Rob .

Hi.
305hp on 10 psi?
Wow...
Mine puts out 270-280 hp (depends on the dyno used) on 12 min -13.2 max psi but i have a water to air intercooler that i guess it takes a couple psi off
and a full exhaust that i guarantee it will scrap another 30hp at least with the back pressure it creates.
In any case i believe that 270 hp with stock wheel base is more than enough for me as i have already forgot how to use the first 3 gears...
Chris

Hi.
305hp on 10 psi?
Wow...
Mine puts out 270-280 hp (depends on the dyno used) on 12 min -13.2 max psi but i have a water to air intercooler that i guess it takes a couple psi off
and a full exhaust that i guarantee it will scrap another 30hp at least with the back pressure it creates.
In any case i believe that 270 hp with stock wheel base is more than enough for me as i have already forgot how to use the first 3 gears...
Chris

If it's an Rcc intercooler you won't see pressure drop until 60psi.

Depending on the exhaust you could see a few HP loss.

Other things to remember too is boost isn't equal to air volume. This turbo at 10psi made 305. Put a 35r on this same bike it might only make 280 at 10psi. Boost isn't equal to air volume. Now turn those to up to 15psi the Hahn might make 320 where the 35r would make 350 for example.

With this being such a small turbo it makes a lot of power with little boost to a point. But they peak out WAY earlier then a larger unit. The Hahn turbos aren't rated for 400hp like the Rcc units are. This was our first time tuning one of these so we were pretty impressed. We were expecting 270-280.

Just a reminder a stock gen 2 makes 165 on our dyno.

Other things to remember too is boost isn't equal to air volume. This turbo at 10psi made 305. Put a 35r on this same bike it might only make 280 at 10psi. Boost isn't equal to air volume. Now turn those to up to 15psi the Hahn might make 320 where the 35r would make 350 for example.
Now this is good information i didn't knew, thank you very much for it.
Just a reminder a stock gen 2 makes 165 on our dyno.
The dyno i used measured my absolutely stock gen1 at 166 hp so i guess it is a generous dyno although i always felt that my bike was stronger than normal gen1's.
Possibly i must thank the Suzuki mechanic that assembled it, he did an excellent job.
Chris

image.jpeg
wow Rob u look great! ur half the man u use to be.... literally:beerchug: I can't get over how fit u look now!

Thanks a lot. I've lost 155 pounds in 10 months.

Now this is good information i didn't knew, thank you very much for it.

The dyno i used measured my absolutely stock gen1 at 166 hp so i guess it is a generous dyno although i always felt that my bike was stronger than normal gen1's.
Possibly i must thank the Suzuki mechanic that assembled it, he did an excellent job.
Chris

Not a problem! Glad you appreciate it.

Damn Rob!! 155lbs in 10mos is no joke..you lost an entire person,good for you! Although losing 4.25lbs/wk is a bit extreme;regardless congrats and keep up the good work;)

@c10 I'll send you a PM

Thanks guys, it's been a journey and an extreme lifestyle change. Happy to hear I'm an inspiration.

I had the gastric sleeve surgery. The last 2 years prior to it I my health was quickly wearing away. And dispite a stick diet and exercise no matter what I did I couldn't lose it.

The picture on the left was the day before surgery at 330 pounds. On the right, 174.

You met my brother , and saw hes a big guy Rob . He had the surgery as well and lost if I remember right 200 pounds . Imagine him with 200 more than now . Good Job by the way I would of never known with out seeing your pictures . Wife gave you the thumbs up n smile :)

Back