Im gonna let you off with a warning!

mofuggahere

Donating Member
Registered
These words came out of the officers mouth today. I couldn't believe it. He didn't give me a ticket. They (3 motorcycle cops) were giving everyone tickets, but just gave me a written warning. Kick a$$!!!
cool.gif
slider1.gif
I never get a break.
He clocked me at 47 in a 35 zone. Would have been $160 ticket.

I take back every bad thing i have said about cops in the past................well at least county sheriffs anyway. Nice to know that they do have a heart.

Damn it is hard to go 35 on this bike
laugh.gif

Did you take your helmet off before he got to you? and shut the bike down?

Check the "Remove helmet when pulled over" thread here. Compare your experience with everyone else.

<!--EDIT|Shasta1914
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140735364 -->

wow.gif
 47 in a 35 (and in Florida at that) , lucky Guy, you better count your Lucky Stars  :wizard:

Are you sure he didn't blue light you just to see if you would run? Don't kid yourself, they do that all the time. I have been pulled over numerous times mostly by the State Patrol when I'm going the speed limit, know he is hiding out amoung the traffic behind. They will slip in behind and turn the lights on just to see if you will run. And, they always have a BS story that you were really speeding back there some place when you entered the freeway or
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? But I've not had one write me a ticket unless I really was speeding. They just give me my license back and say, "Hold it down, you have a good day"! I had one of my biker aquaintencies that was riding with a friend who decided to run. His buddy got away but my friend got a $525 neglegent driving ticket because he would not give up his buddies name. He went to court and the judge threw it out but never the less, I just don't trust the boys in blue, at all?

rock.gif

rock.gif

Are you sure he didn't blue light you just to see if you would run? Don't kid yourself,  they do that all the time. I have been pulled over numerous times mostly by the State Patrol when I'm going the speed limit, know he is hiding out amoung the traffic behind. They will slip in behind and turn the lights on just to see if you will run. And, they always have a BS story that you were really speeding back there some place when you entered the freeway or
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? But I've not had one write me a ticket unless I really was speeding. They just give me my license back and say, "Hold it down, you have a good day"! I had one of my biker aquaintencies that was riding with a friend who decided to run. His buddy got away but my friend got a $525 neglegent driving ticket because he would not give up his buddies name. He went to court and the judge threw it out but never the less, I just don't trust the boys in blue, at all?
Sounds like you guys in the other states have some pretty shiddy cops. I have never been pulled over for something I havent done, and i have been pulled over a friking lot. I guess I'll just walk the next time I have to leave the state.

rock.gif

rock.gif

On a group ride here in Colorado we were stopped at a light. When the light changed, the guy in front on a turbo busa took off as hard a she could. When he passed the motorcycle cop up about a quarter mile he was easily going over a hundred. The cop just put his radar gun down and watched the rest of us pass by. If I wasn;t there to see it I would never believe it!

These words came out of the officers mouth today. I couldn't believe it. He didn't give me a ticket. They (3 motorcycle cops) were giving everyone tickets, but just gave me a written warning. Kick a$$!!!  
cool.gif

slider1.gif
  I never get a break.
He clocked me at 47 in a 35 zone. Would have been $160 ticket.

I take back every bad thing i have said about cops in the past................well at least county sheriffs anyway. Nice to know that they do have a heart.

Damn it is hard to go 35 on this bike  
laugh.gif
What county are you in?

lucky you.I always wonder when i cross a motorcycle cop on the other side if i should stick my left arm out as i do with other bikers as the offiicial biker "Whats up" sign!

Congrats! Got a giant break from a county cop in SE Oregon two summers ago on my 79 CBX. Didn't have my V1 at the time and was on the last day of an 8 day ride up to Montana and was frankly, haulin ass. I was bout 10 miles from the Nevada border and I was trying to beat a dark rain cloud crossing from west to east in front of me. The mountie was coming north and I was riding south. The two lane was deserted and he and I were the only trespassers. At about the time I saw his 4x4 slow and pull over I realized I was had so I pulled over right away and had the helmet off and papers in hand as he approached. He said 'you were ringing my bell at 87 so I felt an obligation to come after you, you know its a 55 zone right?' I explained the rain cloud idea and about that time the rain came pouring down on us. Me in my waterproof gear and him in shortsleeves. He looked up and then at me, handed my papers back and as he ran for his 4x4 he yelled 'get to cover, just not so fast'. I turned around, yelled something like, thank you jesus! and hauled ass south ( he turned back north).

lucky you.I always wonder when i cross a motorcycle cop on the other side if i should stick my left arm out as i do with other bikers as the offiicial biker "Whats up" sign!
You should, then later on when they see you just a little above posted, they just give the sign to slow down... at least thats whats been happening to me over here. Then again I ride with most of the cops and deputies out here...

Back