I'm a DumbA$$

Contact the local DOT Office and explain the situation accompanied with pictures. Then ask him who is liable for replacing your rims. If he starts giving you a bad time just ask him for HIS information and his Supervisors Info because that is what your lawyer advised you to do if they start giving you the run around. It's worth a shot. Those hockey pucks are DEFINATELY a road hazzard!
Might be tough to do because of where it happened, but hey anything is worth a shot......Vincent, let me know if that works!

Dang!!

I cant envision what you all are talking about, can someone post a picture?

I cannot comprehend anyone putting something in the road that can do that kind of damage to a rim!!!

Would like pics of the road hazard if posssible...

Depending on what time I get off of work tomorrow I may go get some pics for ya Thrasher

Depending on what time I get off of work tomorrow I may go get some pics for ya Thrasher
Thanks Vincent. would appreciate.

If they are that much of a road hazard I think law suit is in order.

I am not one for suing for no reason but..

Here in California, some city's were putting speed bumps in for speed control, personally I thought it was a good idea, but some people were damaging their cars, suing city's and winning the law suits so, while you will still find them in some places, other city's either will not put in speed bumps, or city's that had speed bumps took them out.

I am talking about the 25mph speed bumps that are put on streets to ensure people do not exceed the posted speed, not ones in parking lots

might have to give this a shot. Would be nice to get out of this with minimal $ spent

Ouch - Your very lucky and put this one in the books.

wow.gif

Pat
Here's my mistake in 03

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108356076 -->

Picture_176.jpg

Glad you survived!  I think 'suzuki4life' had a couple sets he was trying to get rid of. Send him a PM or check in over at sh.org.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108371663 -->

Dang vincent that sucks! Glad you are ok. I got a front that looks just like that...
laugh.gif

Getting ready to go get the pictures of the scene right now. Will let y'all know after I talk with DOT

On the plus side I did manage to get this before the accident yesterday. Yes it is in mph. Last time I had checked (with a different gps unit) this bike topped at 202mph. Now I have a new record!!!!

Someone else that I saw selling wheels over at Psychobike.com. Check out the <a href="http://www.psychobike.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=10391">Link<a>.

These are some of the bumps like what I hit.  Keep in mind wife was taking pictures from moving car so the quality is not all that great but you get the point They may not look like much, but the black stuff is rubber from other vehicles hitting it and you can see the damage they can cause

<!--EDIT|vincent
Reason for Edit: "I spell like a drunk epileptic"|1108402658 -->

bump.jpg

Way to keep the rubber side down! That mistake could have been made by a lot of riders, but not all of them would have the presence of mind to keep under control. Two wheels is a lot better than wheels, human skin, fairings, turn signals etc. Think of it as a chance to consider magneseum, or polished, or both?

You have definitely got skills man.

I just hope they do not bring those reflective bumps from hell down here to central Florida.

Sgt. Buell, usually we don't have them but the construction company that was re-building the bridge put them in after the hurricanes

Back