If only I could meet Al Gore and...........

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
***** slap him.......
al-gore-in-vegas.jpg

38 degrees now in West Palm Beach :wtf:
Low tonight again near freezing ?
Off and on here for forty years and never seen temps this low this early ?
Global Warming ? Soon snow in Miami will be normal at the rate we are going !

It's 19 degrees and windy up here right now. Been windy all day.

Global Warming ?
And that's why they now call it "Climate Change". - It's a great theory, because whatever happens, they can blame it on Climate Change.

Too hot? - Climate Change.
Too cold? - Climate Change.
Too wet? - Climate Change.
Too dry? - Climate Change.

It's a win-win situation for these fraudsters.

Sleepless you and Fastfrog are in places that are supposed to be cold .
This far south in Florida it's still supposed to be warm .
it ain't ! :(

I understood the whole Global Warming thing to be more of a climate of extremes, moreso than just hot weather...meaning when it's hot, it's gonna get hotter than usual and when it's cold, it gonna get colder than usual.

A misnomer, or am I just wrong?

I understood the whole Global Warming thing to be more of a climate of extremes, moreso than just hot weather...meaning when it's hot, it's gonna get hotter than usual and when it's cold, it gonna get colder than usual.

i understood it as part of the cycle of weather thats been around before civilization, high gas levels, high temp swings, which eventually caused ice ages. kinda my own interpretation of the articles and etc ive read. i believe its a cycle that is if anything accelerated by humans. you can pack 100 people in a room, then pack 1000 in there and not expect a climate change.

The local news stations were comparing record numbers that we are currently breaking from dates as far back as the 1960s.

Old record lows for Dec. 15

* Orlando: 33 (set in 1968)
* Daytona Beach: 29 (set in 1962)
* Melbourne: 33 (set in 1968)

On Tuesday, all three cities also broke records for lowest high temperatures:

* Orlando: 49 (Old record: 54, set in 1962)
* Daytona Beach: 48 (Old record: 52, set in 1965)
* Orlando: 52 (Old record: 55, set in 1962)

Record lows broken early across the area as Florida freeze continues

Some years we get cold weather, and some we hardly see it. I don't know much about the science behind it but, it seems it has been happening for quite some time, or at least since I've been here.

You are right. Global warming predicts more extreme weather patterns, so snow in Florida is not "proof" against global warming.

Global warming is not a very cut-and-dry topic. The fact of the matter is however, there ARE such things as greenhouse gases and we have been pouring these gases into our atmosphere at exorbitant rates. To deny that this may not have any effects is just foolish.

There is a lot that we do and do not know about this topic. We can barely predict the weather a week in advance, let alone get accurate models of climate change over the next century. There is more to climate than the gases in the atmosphere as well - i.e. The Astronomical Theory on climate change. Not to mention letting the gov't get into the research... Yeah... Trust the Government.... :rofl:

Let me know when we start losing homes on the coast to rising oceans. Until then, I'll trust mother nature to keep things in check.

Sleepless you and Fastfrog are in places that are supposed to be cold .
This far south in Florida it's still supposed to be warm .
it ain't ! :(
i went to disney world this time last year and in alabama it was pretty chilly. When we got down to orlando i was wearing short sleeves and shorts.

Oregon Tornado Misses Trailer Park, Hits Other Preferred Target

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not Target -- though the irony would be rich.

A small town, by the name of Aumsville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oregonian
Aumsville isn't Kansas. It's dullsville. Residents of the bedroom community southeast of Salem like it that way.

But sometime before noon Tuesday, as "Steve the Barber" gave someone a trim in his Main Street shop and the usual lunch crowd began showing up at Pizza Peddler, a destructive December tornado tore through that predictability.

There wasn't an official warning from the National Weather Service before the sky turned a beastly shade of dark. Just a hard rain, hail and, finally, the funnel cloud.
More at the link
I blame Al Gore.

He couldn't even carry his own state in the election....at least WE knew he was a joke!

Relax.

The earth moves in cycles.We had an ice age not too long ago in terms of the earths age.

Fear not people,nothing too drastic is going to happen in your lifetime.

However,all your grandchildren are doomed.:laugh:

RSD.

Lets not forget that Al Gore makes all this possible.....after all he DID invent the internet!!!!!:laugh:

Yeah! Don't slap the man who created the internets!!!

- Inventing the Internet[/url]

He took the initiative!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back