I rode a 14 tonight

Instead of hiding the Foreman Grills I brought them out into the light. What do you think. I have three sets to play with.

ZX_14_2006_Mod_Blog_108.jpg

Could you paint the black part of the grills red too? I ask because I saw a black one and the grils blended in and it looked a whole lot better.

I like that a lot! It looks dope!

Goes to show that adding can be better than subtracting...

(GPW @ Sep. 14 2006,04:07) Instead of hiding the Foreman Grills I brought them out into the light. What do you think. I have three sets to play with.
The grills actually looks good!!! Nice work.

(Shanling @ Sep. 14 2006,04:15) Could you paint the black part of the grills red too? I ask because I saw a black one and the grils blended in and it looked a whole lot better.
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I was going to go full red but decided to try the two-tone first. I am getting a second set done in all red for a look. I must say in person the red on black looks really sharp. Adding the wheels will bring it all together. Should have them in another week or so. Still a work in progress.

(GPW @ Sep. 14 2006,06:48)
(Shanling @ Sep. 14 2006,04:15) Could you paint the black part of the grills red too? I ask because I saw a black one and the grils blended in and it looked a whole lot better.
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I was going to go full red but decided to try the two-tone first. I am getting a second set done in all red for a look. I must say in person the red on black looks really sharp. Adding the wheels will bring it all together. Should have them in another week or so. Still a work in progress.
Damn man you should be working for Kawi ....Looks good ...Keep up the good work ...
beerchug.gif

(GPW @ Sep. 14 2006,04:07) Instead of hiding the Foreman Grills I brought them out into the light. What do you think. I have three sets to play with.
I may have to try that........looks good - better than just a full on paint to match. I considered the sand and fill to flush, but I kinda like the "gills." This has got to be one of the most openminded threads on the 14 I have seen on any 'busa site.

I still don't understand the "I LOOKED at both bikes and decided......." My understanding is that you need to RIDE to know. These 2 great machines come from two diff trains of thought. My Mustang will smoke almost any Ferrari or Porsche built, but I dare not say it looks as good. They are 2 ways of "almost" getting to the same place (no debate over money needed here)

I still say my 05 R1 looks better than both of these bikes.....and probably any bike ever made - but I know it is my opinion.

I will continue to watch the site for info that I can use..........on any bike.

2006 Candy Thunder Blue ZX14
No flies
Tuned PC
16/43 gears
Lowered forks .75"
2Bros dual CF cans
NX nitrous.....to be tested.

I also like what you have done with the grills ... very innovative thinking ... can't wait to see them in person!!

I think the red paint on the grille makes it look more exotic ... like something that Ducati would do. Pretty awesome lookin' bike ... really dig that red
cool.gif

That two-tone look is nice!  Eases the pain of seeing just the grills!
laugh.gif
 Seriously, looks good that way and I think a solid red would be overkill, but who knows. What about those on the front fender?

Looks groovy! You should do the same thing to the grills on the fender, too.

Why is the front reflector still on? I figured that would have been one of the first things you would have done.

Nice looking bike! Much better than stock.

(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 14 2006,14:54) That two-tone look is nice!  Eases the pain of seeing just the grills!
laugh.gif
 Seriously, looks good that way and I think a solid red would be overkill, but who knows.  What about those on the front fender?
Waiting to see how the wheels bring it together. I may match the fender to the wheels. I should know in a week or so. Thanks for the feedback. Its not easy when you have nothing else to feed from. Just going with my heart on this.

(GPW @ Sep. 14 2006,17:00)
(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 14 2006,14:54) That two-tone look is nice!  Eases the pain of seeing just the grills!
laugh.gif
 Seriously, looks good that way and I think a solid red would be overkill, but who knows.  What about those on the front fender?
Waiting to see how the wheels bring it together. I may match the fender to the wheels. I should know in a week or so. Thanks for the feedback. Its not easy when you have nothing else to feed from. Just going with my heart on this.
Definitely hard leading from the front, but someone's got to do it!
biggrin.gif

Back