I probably just insured suzuki will announce a gen 3 very soon...

First mod ?

:poke:

kickstand mod.jpg

BAD NEWS!!!:My Busa fell off its kickstand!!! | Gen II Busa Information

Sadly because it would mean the future of high performance will be locked into induction of some sort.

I like the simplicity of a N/A motorcycle but am smart enough to know they have reached their pinnacle in performance.

Cars, trucks, snowmobiles, jet skis are all boosted so the technology is there for the picking.

I did drive an F-150 Lightning once and the supercharger whine was intoxicating I must admit.....

I havent driven anything supercharged yet but I dearly love the turbo whine in my truck.

Im all for turbocharging too. I would assune it would help milage overall (like most of us care about that?)
And....wouldnt it help keep weigt down quite a bit? I know the hayabusa was meant to be a top speed comfy sport cruiser, but bringing the weight down would help guys like me that like back road twistys be able to throw it over side to side alot easier

I remember reading all about this mod here back when I first joined with my 11 busa, but I have to admit I'm a little confused why its so neccesary? I never had any kind of issue parking it anywhere or manuvering it around the garage and such. I'm always careful with all my bikes with how I park if its on a incline, etc. I have a kings mountain era indian and that thing sat on its kickstand at a dangerously straight up and down way, possible tip over when on perfectly flat concrete. I ended up shortening the kickstand for peace of mind, but honestly, I cant see why this is a must-do mod for the gen 2 busas? I may be missing something obvious, I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box lol, so is this really a must-do mod we all should do?

I remember reading all about this mod here back when I first joined with my 11 busa, but I have to admit I'm a little confused why its so neccesary? I never had any kind of issue parking it anywhere or manuvering it around the garage and such. I'm always careful with all my bikes with how I park if its on a incline, etc. I have a kings mountain era indian and that thing sat on its kickstand at a dangerously straight up and down way, possible tip over when on perfectly flat concrete. I ended up shortening the kickstand for peace of mind, but honestly, I cant see why this is a must-do mod for the gen 2 busas? I may be missing something obvious, I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box lol, so is this really a must-do mod we all should do?
The kickstand on this bike (and many others) doesn't extend very far forward so it has been known to roll off it's kickstand (mine did previous to me buying it).

I always park mine in gear so it won't roll forward and have a habit of kicking it forward before setting the bike down on it. Sometimes I will rest my foot on the top of the pad on the side stand to ensure it stays.

My Bandit suffers from the same ailment so I am used to what to do.

The busa is currently burried since I'm waiting on my seats to return but when I get it out next I will take a close look at the this again and may go ahead and do it :beerchug:

Seats come in tommorow. Yayyy! :super:
I unburied it and rolled it into the garage this morning. I put a foot on the kickstand and rolled it forward and was surprised by how easy it rolls right off. I will be doing this mod sometime this week. Thanks guys

Pretty much same stuff I did last time except this time do the header and ecm reflash.
Ive already ordered a fender eliminator and will send me seats off to ballz.
Biggest thing I'm focussing on right now is if I go ahead and order the v&h slip ons and wait for a header to become available (other than the 2g+ titanium option:D...or wait on a review for the black widow..etc....
I did just find this, looks like its even showing in stock? I want to retain dual mufflers

On one of the facebook groups someone was selling the dual can brocks ct setup for 1k

Reactions: Tb3
Thanks guys!

So tried to find the kickstand mod thread but to no avail. Are you guys grinding down the kickstand, or the stop on the plate the kickstand bolts to? Would seem to be better to remove the kickstand and grind both sides of it down since theres alot more meat on it than the plate?

All I knowis as far as all motor goes I think it makes more of a challenge for each company to have to stay in a certain boundary. Also the H2 isn't realisticly affordable for the average rider. It will be a shame if Kawasaki gets the last word in the all motor world. For what that H2 cost you could build a bike to beat it and still have money left over to go buy a 1k for your wife!

Back