Will There Be A Gen 3 Busa?

I'd like electronic cruise control and heated grips. I keep waiting for a Gen III too, though it'll be hard to top the II. These bikes are amazing!
You should be able to add that to you current bike for less than $400(?). It's been years, but my rostra electric cruise control was around $300 and heated grips are around $75 for a nice set.

Look at the new G S X R 1000 .

Add 350 CC's and Variable Valve Timing along with weight reduction and some of the styling cues.

Would sell like hotcakes .

2017-Suzuki-Hayabusa.jpg

Funny you should see this testing. Have just flown back from Melbourne after seeing the testing program. Should be way more competitive this year.

Why, why, did those idiots at Suzuki go back to those ridiculous stalk mount front turn signals?!
The mirror mounted signals are just as, if not more visible.
As well as leaving ugly holes in the fairings once removed, or replaced with mirror mounted ones.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Maybe so they can be removed easier for the track. They may have plugs in the wiring so just unscrew them and roll. I would like to see light covers from the manufacturers selling "RR" upgraded bikes.

Maybe so they can be removed easier for the track. They may have plugs in the wiring so just unscrew them and roll. I would like to see light covers from the manufacturers selling "RR" upgraded bikes.

But the mirrors come off for the track regardless.
2 bolts and unplug each.
Now, add removing the stock fairings to remove stalk mount signals.

Why, why, did those idiots at Suzuki go back to those ridiculous stalk mount front turn signals?!
As well as leaving ugly holes in the fairings once removed, or replaced with mirror mounted ones.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Never got a good answer about the front blinkers bro but I agree. However it's real quick

What'd you get for cruise control?
I have the Audiovox CCS-100 vacuum assisted model. I paid $200 for it on eBay a few years ago, it was an unopened unit. My "heated grips" are actually grip heaters that go under the factory grips, I bought them at my local Cycle Gear for $20. They work well IMO, but like mabupa said, there are nicer setups to be had.

Heated gloves heat your entire hand.
Heated grips give you a warm grip to hold on to...meanwhlie, the backs of your hands and fingers freeze in the cold wind.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm going to guess simple economics. It's likely cheaper to build a bike that has separate parts-bin indicators, and it's especially true for owners who drop their bikes.

I saw a dyno vid on Facebook today comparing the new Gix1000 to the R1M and ZX10R... the brand x bikes were both in the 170's for rwhp, the new GSXR was 198. Anazing.

Note to self: don't challenge a new Gixxer Thou to a race....

I'm going to guess simple economics. It's likely cheaper to build a bike that has separate parts-bin indicators, and it's especially true for owners who drop their bikes.

I saw a dyno vid on Facebook today comparing the new Gix1000 to the R1M and ZX10R... the brand x bikes were both in the 170's for rwhp, the new GSXR was 198. Anazing.

Note to self: don't challenge a new Gixxer Thou to a race....

Not cheaper, or simpler.
Drop your bike and you're out $20 for a pair stalk mounts...and $500 a fairing.
Suzuki has had signals in their gsxr 1k mirrors for a dozen years.
They carry over parts, even on bikes that are almost, but not completely redesigned.
They had to design the holes in the fairings, the mounts, the harness, ect.
If you like the stalk mounts, you can cut holes, go to the trouble of mounting them, and get mirrors without signals.
If you hate stalk mounts, like me, then you have to add mirrors with signals. And try to find a good way to cover the holes in the fairings.
I've been street riding over 20 years. The 05 gsxr1k was awesome when it came out. Not just power, ergonomics, and handling...but integrated rear signals, and in the front mirrors. It really cleaned up the bike's lines.
Now, we see a great new bike, lots of tech...and wtf, back to stalk mounts.

Heated gloves heat your entire hand.
Heated grips give you a warm grip to hold on to...meanwhlie, the backs of your hands and fingers freeze in the cold wind.

I have heated gloves and a heated jacket, they work as well. Honestly, I find my heated grips more than adequate in most of my experiences. Somehow I my outer hands don't feel cold when I am just using the grips.

Not cheaper, or simpler.
Drop your bike and you're out $20 for a pair stalk mounts...and $500 a fairing.
Suzuki has had signals in their gsxr 1k mirrors for a dozen years.
They carry over parts, even on bikes that are almost, but not completely redesigned.
They had to design the holes in the fairings, the mounts, the harness, ect.
If you like the stalk mounts, you can cut holes, go to the trouble of mounting them, and get mirrors without signals.
If you hate stalk mounts, like me, then you have to add mirrors with signals. And try to find a good way to cover the holes in the fairings.
I've been street riding over 20 years. The 05 gsxr1k was awesome when it came out. Not just power, ergonomics, and handling...but integrated rear signals, and in the front mirrors. It really cleaned up the bike's lines.
Now, we see a great new bike, lots of tech...and wtf, back to stalk mounts.

If they can cost-share the indicators across many models, the savings would be huge.

Back