I need an Excel spreadsheet genius

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
which I am not....

What I am wanting to do is GRAPH some financial information for a project I'm working on.

I need a input sheet to input monthly financial data (Sales$, Inventory$, Bank Balance$) for past 20 years and going forward ad infinitum.

Then I want a worksheet to line graph this information. Goal is to look at past performance and relationship of these items in order to find trends and help predict impacts of their relationships.

Any geniuses out there care to take a stab at this? Thanks!

So, you comprehend complex pyhsics and how differnt colors travel at different speeds in light, but are having trouble with Excel.:rofl: Sorry, had to say it:laugh: Bump

which I am not....

What I am wanting to do is GRAPH some financial information for a project I'm working on.

I need a input sheet to input monthly financial data (Sales$, Inventory$, Bank Balance$) for past 20 years and going forward ad infinitum.

Then I want a worksheet to line graph this information. Goal is to look at past performance and relationship of these items in order to find trends and help predict impacts of their relationships.

Any geniuses out there care to take a stab at this? Thanks!

I work in Excel daily, but do not do this type of work. There is a Graphics wizard that I have played with and works quite well.
Just be sure to think of the layout and info input in advance and play with it.
You can't mess it up without learning much from this program.
I love Excel! It rocks in my world!
Good luck, and I hope the experts will chime in soon!
Bubba

Ive done some stuff for the USMC with Excel and graphs. i cant promise anything but i can definitely give it a go.

So, you comprehend complex pyhsics and how differnt colors travel at different speeds in light, but are having trouble with Excel.:rofl: Sorry, had to say it:laugh: Bump

If I could only cut/paste what I wanted out of Google I'd be a genius (like I did with the physics thread) :poke:

I have Excel 2007. Commuta, got your PM give me a little while and I'll respond

If I could only cut/paste what I wanted out of Google I'd be a genius (like I did with the physics thread) :poke:

I have Excel 2007. Commuta, got your PM give me a little while and I'll respond

If you really just want to cut and paste from Google and drop it in Excel I can show you how.
If you are not kidding, let me know.
Bubba

:thumbsup: my day ends at 4pm eastern time so if you send it after then I won't see it until tomorrow. Just an FYI

no, I hear you on that. It all depends how you throw the data together and what you want to get from it. :beerchug:

Who would really trend over a 20year period. There are to many outside influences that have impact over that long of a duration. Unless we were trending fungus growth in a closed environment. :laugh:
Over 20 years....:laugh:

:thumbsup: my day ends at 4pm eastern time so if you send it after then I won't see it until tomorrow. Just an FYI

It won't be today I'm polevaulting over mouseturds right now.

What I am look at is some way to quantify a company's performance and the relationship of these figures over a period of time in order to try and forecast.

skydive
Use all the help offered from the guys who have responded to you,,,you cant ever have to much good advice,,,PM me if you want,,My wife is a wizard at this,,she sets ups programs for the school teaches anantomy at the universaity and she teaches online classes to to our military guys over seas,,,she is presently in her PHD program in microbiology,,,,,,,,,,,
talk about opposites attracking,,,,I have trouble getting online and cant spell worth anything,,,I think she keeps me around for lawn care and car maintenance:laugh: holler at me if you want her help

are you looking for a very diluted consolidated financial statement? Is this a small business? I'm guessing disposable goods for inventory? Sales as in Gross income? Bank balance as in assets or more granular ie receivables/payables? What kind of a business is this? We can chat about it all in detail when you have the time.

Keith...in truth, I think an access database would be better for you. You can always have access output a simple scatter plot with some simple regression done in if you want to see the actual data point and then trends on out.

This isn't a quick project. It would take some time to put together something quality that you would want to show someone and use in the future but its not a difficult project...just time consuming.

Column A contains your date.
Column B ... n contains your data for that date.

Choose the "Insert" Tab
Choose Line.
Hit the first 2-d line box.

That will put your data in line format across the dates (x-Axis).
Each column B...n will be graphed across independently with respect to the dates.

You will also notice that you have some options.
Hit the "Select Data" option.

You can rename them using the edit function.

If you want to delve a bit deeper into some statistics functions, like running a regression analysis, you will need to install that package.

You will need to set up a graph for each dependent variable as your ranges are going to be all jacked up.

Last edited:
It won't be today I'm polevaulting over mouseturds right now.

What I am look at is some way to quantify a company's performance and the relationship of these figures over a period of time in order to try and forecast.

I missed this.

How familiar are you with statistcs?
Specifically, Regression Analysis and Forecasting?

You will need to install the stats package.
You will have a new data tab under "Data" called "Data Analysis"

From there you can run a regression analysis on your data and use that to build a forecasting model.

Back