NASCAR help needed

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I have never watched a NASCAR race in my life. I am taking some clients to a race where I will be visiting with even more clients. I need to know the basics. Anyone want to help a brother out?

Going to the Coke Zero 400 previously known as the Pepsi 400.

I need a cheat sheet. :laugh:

Sorry, I can't even spell NASCAR.

AND I'm From ALABAMA. :laugh:

I would need cliff notes or something.
Do they have a NASCAR for Dummies, the guys at work are always talking about it too.

Bubba

theres gotta be a NASCAR for dummies book? I used to be real into nascar but that was many years ago...

just go to nascar.com....or just tell them the #48 or#18 is going to win .. its about a 3 car race every week..boring!

Each time a car crosses the finishline it's a touchdown. You can jump up and scream touchdown if you want to fit in. :laugh:

Tell em " Looks like #48 gonna need to come in and get right side tires and splash a gas."

"That Jim Johson, boy he know how to run a car, he gonna win this some B..."

"I only shop at Lowes, thats right, gotta support my boy Jim Johnson"

Thats NASCAR talk right there:laugh:

Last edited:
Conversations in the grand stands:

Wow thats LOUD! Pass me another BEER!!! There she is..across the infield!!...cant you see her? Oh for crying out loud, gimme the dang binoculars!!

just tell em that jeff gordon is gay and that earnhardt jr. runs real good at restricto plate races :cheerleader:

There isa a Nascar for dummies book, however the races are all about the drivers and thats not really covered in the book. Joe Gibbs, Rick Hendrick, Jack Roush, and Richard Childress are the biggest car owners in the garage area. Each of these owners has 3 or 4 cars that can win each week. These are the "haves" for the most part. The "have nots" really just race for the half dozen oppurtunities they have to win a race each year, mostly not pulling off the win. The trick to Nascar races is picking out a driver and following him through the race. They have scanners available for rent at the track which allow you to listen to the radio broadcast of the race or follow a particular drivers crew and spotter throughout the race. It is also ear protection, which you should always use at the races. It can get loud. There is definitely drinking at Nascar races. If you're lucky you'll see a fight. Lamb has seen many...............AWESOME! The people watching at the races is second to none. That can be just as fun as a lot of the race. The beginning of the race is fun because the sense of speed is seen for the first time of the day, the restarts are all 2 wide so they can be exciting at anytime. There is usually a lull in the middle of the race where the guys in the cars are just putting down the miles getting near the end.

Go #18
GO #14
GO #1
GO #2
GO #5
GO #16
GO #99

Last edited:
Dont turn Right

Im a Earnhardt fan, But you have to wonder with the poor showings he is having how long will Hendricks keep him around.

Ask them if they think Jimmie Johnson will win the Championship again.

Ah! Daytona, be prepared to witness something truly insane for your first race. Daytona and Talladega unlike anywhere else they race is a sure recipe for mayhem and so much more bigger than life than watching it on TV. Also unfortunately be prepared to stand the whole race.

NASCAR.COM - News, Schedule, Drivers, Tracks, Fantasy & Video from NASCAR

daytona-500.jpg

The standing thing does suck sometimes. Everybody can see just fine when seated. Lamb isn't sure why people have to stand to see something they can already see when seated...................confusing it is, yes.

I've learned that anytime you talk about Nascar Racers you must announce both their Number and their name... ie... 24 Jeff Gordon.

My theory.... (no flaming from all of you twisty riders... ) "if you can turn left, you aren't going fast enough"

I am shocked that there are only a handful of NASCAR guys here. I suppose that's very telling of the group we have here though.

Thanks for the help guys, especially Lamb. I'm gonng see about that NASCAR for dummies book. I also recorded a race Saturday, so I'm gonna sit through 3 hours of commentary. :beerchug:

Back