I know what I'll be doing today

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
We have 1, just 1, peach tree in our back yard. It's possessed. Every year we get about 100 lbs of peaches from this one tree. We do nothing to this tree - no pruning, no tree food, no TLC. We lose about 50 lbs of peaches each year to bugs and birds.

Well, since it's been so cool this year, I think we'll easily harvest 200 lbs of usable peaches. This includes the ones we've lost to birds, squirrels and the dogs (yes, they pick the low ones off the tree).

P5170367.jpg

P5170366.jpg

I picked the first round today. I got about 40 lbs. - 2-3 lbs of which are ripe enough and "pretty" enough for eating out of hand. The other are going to be blanched, peeled, seeded, and sliced. Then I'll make a batch or 2 of jam - depending on how many jars I have.

P5170364.jpg

P5170363.jpg

So, what are you doing?

Last edited:
The smaller box is about how many I get from my little "Bonaza" ornamental tree. :)

Now if you can just teach the dogs to drop the peaches in the box!!!

Wow, have fun processing those. :bowdown:

We get TONS of bees. She has 9 different climbining roses, 2 bulb beds, star jasmin, climbing wisteria, trumpet vine, honeysuckle and an 8x12 veggie garden in the back yard.

We get TONS of bees. She has 9 different climbining roses, 2 bulb beds, star jasmin, climbing wisteria, trumpet vine, honeysuckle and an 8x12 veggie garden in the back yard.

Wow!

Sweet!!!!!!!!! They are the good bees though!!! :laugh:
You gotta post up a pick of your back yard in bloom sometime. I sounds gorgeous!!!!! :bowdown:

I'll be experimenting with various flavors this year...how about minty peach? I've don't ginger peach and cinnamon peach. I also have some lavender...lavender peach?

but first - key lime pie for my Dan to go with the carne guisada we're having today

Looks real good, how about some peach hooch.

Back