The One Positive to living in Florida!!! *PICS*

wow.gif
Hmm, Amphibious chicken? Interesting...Yah know I still haven't had a frog leg... Just doesn't seem fair to the poor frog...

I mean think about it, all them little frogs wheeling around in wheelchairs? Just not right.

Interesting you would focus on that part of a Kangaroos anatomy Bro... Hmm?
laugh.gif

Oh BTW, Cycle Gear or UPS one ofr the other Fugged up my order and I didn't get my #6 pin for the front stand. I spoke to Cycle Gear and they are 2 daying one to me so I should be read to go shortly.

Interesting you would focus on that part of a Kangaroos anatomy Bro... Hmm?
laugh.gif

Oh BTW, Cycle Gear or UPS one ofr the other Fugged up my order and I didn't get my #6 pin for the front stand. I spoke to Cycle Gear and they are 2 daying one to me so I should be read to go shortly.
Ok, so my mind is always in the gutter. Pray for me while you're in church this Sunday will ya?
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I meant to point you to a program called NeatImage. It works great for removin' digital noise and even JPEG compression artifacts from pics that are large enough to get good samples on. Here's yer "grainy" pic from above. I processed it in NeatImage and cut & pasted the left side onto the original right side to give you an idea of how it works. I used sort of conservative values to avoid loosin' any detail in the palm trees so there's a little texture left, but you can eliminate it all at the cost of a little detail. If your end use is web, you can usually go as far as I went here and then resize down a little and end up with no noise at all and still have good detail. No adjustments to the left side of your image other than noise reduction in NeatImage...

arev.jpg

Here's the full filtered version downsized 50%, LIGHTLY sharpened, and with a slight contrast enhancement...
wink.gif

arev_filtered.jpg

COWARD?
wow.gif
BAH!!! I've posted plenty of images of my Garage Snake... I can post a couple more, I aint Skeered! But the pics are at home, not here... I'll post later. Besides, chances are that Frog is more dangerous than the Snake is anyway. I know exactly what the snake is, that frog could be any damn thing. Some sorta exotic Acid Fartin Frog of Death or something... You never know in Florida.

COWARD?
wow.gif
BAH!!! I've posted plenty of images of my Garage Snake... I can post a couple more, I aint Skeered! But the pics are at home, not here... I'll post later. Besides, chances are that Frog is more dangerous than the Snake is anyway. I know exactly what the snake is, that frog could be any damn thing. Some sorta exotic Acid Fartin Frog of Death or something... You never know in Florida.
As long as you don't go postin' pics of yer trouser snake, we'll be fine.
wink.gif

Cool Thanks BT.  <s>I wasn't too worried about the noise really</s>, though I am wondering why your using an aftermarket program instead of a photoshop filter?  Quicker? Simpler?  
rock.gif
 Better?  

I like the end result you got though.  Very nice...

Hell it must be better now that I Get in there and start trying to remove the graininess manually... Very Interesting.. I'll go check it out... Thanks BT...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092849427 -->

Cool Thanks BT. <s>I wasn't too worried about the noise really</s>, though I am wondering why your using an aftermarket program instead of a photoshop filter? Quicker? Simpler?
rock.gif
Better?

I like the end result you got though. Very nice...

Hell it must be better now that I Get in there and start trying to remove the graininess manually... Very Interesting.. I'll go check it out... Thanks BT...
Yeah, I've used a lot of the NR filter actions and plug-ins for PS and I find that NI works as well as all, and better than most. Works much better on JPEG artifact removal if you somehow end up with an image that has it pretty bad. Once you start playin' around in NI you'll find a lot of cool aspects. For one, you can make an adjustment and then just drag a little box over any part of the image and see exactly how filtering is gonna affect that part of the image. This lets you adjust noise reduction while retaining maximum detail in the most important parts of the image.
wink.gif

You can also go to their website and download "canned" noise profiles for most cameras. The S500 ain't on there yet, but it's noise signature is VERY similar to the S400 so I'm sure the S400 profile would work. Hell, after runnin' your frog image through NI I was able to tell that she had a slight upper respiratory infection and a touch of indigestion that day. How's that for a review.
biggrin.gif

Back