Beauty and Fury...How I spent today

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
As I often do on my flex day off I head down home and find my brother and we let the roads leads around. Today I had to take the truck because of the weather but I thought I would share some pictures of things we saw.

This is down by the Tennessee river at a campground across the road from where we usually go to lunch.

Notice that some of the trees are twisted. They are from a tornado Friday. The uprooted trees are from strait line winds around 1:00 A.M. today...

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Our next stop was at a Union Soldier's Cemetery (yes in Alabama) We concluded that the first shot is enlisted graves and the second one officer's graves...

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Looks bad. The town about 27 miles from here got an 8 mile strip ripped apart with 2 casualties. Sad time for those involved.

No, they probably won't be raising kane at FEMA or out looting :whistle:

Are you making light of katrina? Over 1500 people died in the flood and another 400 died after...! It's different when you can work in your yard vs. waiting for help from the top of your house while your wifes dead body floats away... Be carful what you say! I lost family in Katrina!

Last edited:
Are you making light of katrina? Over 1500 people died in the flood and another 400 died after...! It's different when you can work in your yard vs. waiting for help from the top of your house while your wifes dead body floats away... Be carful what you say! I lost family in Katrina!

Not making light and I'm sorry if you lost family in Katrina. Any untimely death is terrible. The difference in these two events is that the folks caught up in Katrina had weeks of notice and were advised to evacuate the area where the folks pictured in this thread had none.

I still remember the video taken by a news crew showing uniformed officers looting a store in NOLA.

Being careful and being polictically correct are two different things. Even though I tend not to get into political fights, I don't correct myself when making accurate assessments.

That's no fun at all...I'm glad it didn't hit your house.

the tree was leaning anyway, going in the direction of my well. It missed it by about five feet. I was lucky. 3 trees total. house ok, alls good, now the clean up. nice big fire. :D the wind was scary last night, i almost moved everyone into the middle of the house.

the tree was leaning anyway, going in the direction of my well. It missed it by about five feet. I was lucky. 3 trees total. house ok, alls good, now the clean up. nice big fire. :D the wind was scary last night, i almost moved everyone into the middle of the house.

We were lucky, that wind stayed to the south of us...whew!

Be Safe. Those pictures were awesome. Amazing what mother nature can do.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (my cat Phoebe says hi too ) :laugh:

The severe weather didn't make it this far east last night, but the National Weather Service has decided that we had an F1 Tornado in Sale Creek Friday night. I think it was about six miles from me.

Back