I have noticed that some gas stations....

I have noticed lately that some gas stations i usually go to do not sell 93 or 92 octane like they used to.....
91 now is the highest they have........
Has anyone else noticed this?
Maybe some of the stations just can't afford the higher octane anymore..???

Do you really need higher than 91? Most engines run on recommended octanes and my Jeep runs 87, the Busa gets 91.
In Cali you can only get higher at designated stations. If you are looking to race with it, I suggest a race facility that carries the higher fuel.
Stock bikes run just fine on the 91.

Do you really need higher than 91? Most engines run on recommended octanes and my Jeep runs 87, the Busa gets 91.
In Cali you can only get higher at designated stations. If you are looking to race with it, I suggest a race facility that carries the higher fuel.
I have always put 92-93 octane fuel in my busa.... I don't race or anything.....Hell....my urine probably has 100 octane...I wonder what would happen if i stuck my pecker in the fuel tank to fill her up, i wonder how she would run then..

If I pissed down my tank the bike could qualify as an Alcohol runner! Jus' Say'n

where do u live? there are 93 pumps within 300 miles in any direction here. for a stock bike I'm not sure y u wud need 93. if ur running a turbo then yes

Yeah all the pumps around my way sell 87-89-93 octane. Can't remember the last time I seen a pump offering 91...

Down this end of the world we only have 91 and 95 or 98 at BP , didnt know gas goes down to 87...ping ping ping ?
Dont the manual say min 91 ? i usually use 95 .

Down this end of the world we only have 91 and 95 or 98 at BP , didnt know gas goes down to 87...ping ping ping ?
Dont the manual say min 91 ? i usually use 95 .

I am pretty sure that the octane rating outside of North America is calculated based on different standards; that is likely why you have never seen the lower ratings (although the actual octane is likely the same).

there are 2 different ways to rate octane, I used to know the formulas but there are lots of numbers and letters and I just don't wanna think that hard. if I remember right my manual said 87 octane for North American style rating.

I need higher that 91. My bike is turbo and tuned on 93 :laugh:

How much does fuel cost in New Zealand ?? Just wondering how bad we're getting screwed ,,,,

I reckon you guys have to be better off , all our gas is imported..comes in tankers then gets pumped to all the big
companies bulk tanks around the country - shell , mobil , caltex etc same petrol except for the 98.

Currently 98 - $NZ 2.36 lt
95/96 - $NZ 2.27 lt
91 - $NZ 2.18 lt
RON

Cantab :-)

I reckon you guys have to be better off , all our gas is imported..comes in tankers then gets pumped to all the big
companies bulk tanks around the country - shell , mobil , caltex etc same petrol except for the 98.

Currently 98 - $NZ 2.36 lt
95/96 - $NZ 2.27 lt
91 - $NZ 2.18 lt
RON

Cantab :-)

Yea converted my area is about $1.05 lt for 89

Remember when you used to go to a gas station and the guy would come up to your car and say " Regular or Unleaded"..

Man i feel soo old all of a sudden..

Back