I hate people who try to steal...

Dr.JZ

Registered
Woke up this morning to find my Telefonica's bike cover ripped in two, the locks/cables messed with, and signs of someone trying to move the bike forward. I live in the historic Midtown area of the city, and stuff like this usually doesnt happen....but, apparently someone has been eyeing it up in hopes of stealing it.

Whoever did it wasnt very good, because it would've been gone already had it been professionals. There is plenty of porch light and other buildings around that it seems hard to imagine someone just sitting there doing this to my bike...but, anything is possible, I guess....only way to really steal it would be to lift it and put it in a truck, which might be the next thing they try...

Thank God it wasn't the Busa...time to fill the Mossberg with some shells and keep it bedside from now on with the Beretta...unbelievable.

Last edited:
Actually, I just came back from the storage center...putting them both in there from now on...not risking it...I deal with these losers all day @ work, and dont want to have to take one out on my front porch

I would look into a wireless camera you could place there to watch your bike also. Can't be too safe now a days.

I would look into a wireless camera you could place there to watch your bike also. Can't be too safe now a days.

Thought about that, too...just sucks major ass to have to do those types of things nowadays....especially where I live

Actually, I just came back from the storage center...putting them both in there from now on...not risking it...I deal with these losers all day @ work, and dont want to have to take one out on my front porch

Storage centers aren't that safe either, but there is no perfect solution to this problem.

Glad they didn't get your bike.

I wish you could set a snap trap like you do for a mouse or rat. Oh how good it would feel to come out and see a theif's neck snapped in one of those traps.

you should put in one of those tracking systems and wire in up and hide it under the tank with its own power source not just the battery. That way by the time they decided to look if you got it then you've probly found them.

just pour some used mossberg shells around your bike..leave a note too. "do u feel lucky, well do u punk?"

I contemplated that...lol

The bikes are now in storage, and I guess as secure as possible at the moment. I guess I gotta watch my STi now...waiting for that headache

Given the choice, I'd try to scare the thieves off versus confronting them face-to-face, or trying to sneak up on them. Make some noise, holler, switch on a light, etc. If that doesn't scare them away, that's a pretty good reason to stay in cover. If they're not afraid of you, it's for a reason. Once firearms are involved, there's a real good chance you're going to come out on the short end, regardless of what happens. Plus, it seems to me it's one thing to discuss this situation in the light of day, your keyboard in your lap, and another thing to be walking around in the dark, a loaded weapon in your hands, hunting another man, or men. Stay inside. Keep your theft insurance up to date. Call the cops. Thieves piss me off, too, and I've been stolen from. You feel raped. But do what you can to discourage them before the fact, and if that's not good enough, cut your losses, keep walking around free. And alive.

It sucks when low life steals from a hard working man.I would at least let the local law enforcement know so they can step up patrol.usually they know the bad guys.then shoot.no really radio shack probably has some inexpensive surveillance equipment,and videotape it (evidence) plus you can see who it is for yourself !!!!:thumbsup: White is fast huh....

Last edited:
That does suck !!! Was it raining out ? They get real brave when it's raining.

Where do you live Philly ?

Given the choice, I'd try to scare the thieves off versus confronting them face-to-face, or trying to sneak up on them. Make some noise, holler, switch on a light, etc. If that doesn't scare them away, that's a pretty good reason to stay in cover. If they're not afraid of you, it's for a reason. Once firearms are involved, there's a real good chance you're going to come out on the short end, regardless of what happens. Plus, it seems to me it's one thing to discuss this situation in the light of day, your keyboard in your lap, and another thing to be walking around in the dark, a loaded weapon in your hands, hunting another man, or men. Stay inside. Keep your theft insurance up to date. Call the cops. Thieves piss me off, too, and I've been stolen from. You feel raped. But do what you can to discourage them before the fact, and if that's not good enough, cut your losses, keep walking around free. And alive.

300 Magnum with night vision scope :)

Back