I got owned by a '78 1000

Had a guy pull up next to me on the I-40 crosstown a while back, he was on an old Kawi, it was lowered and streched, he gets up next to me, checks out my little 1K and bumps the throttle a couple of times, I look over at him and chuckle and give him the thumbs up...BEEP....BEEP....BEEP, that was the last time I seen him...My 1K has alot of engine work and when I hit it, it lifted the front end at 70...When I let off, I checked my mirrors and he was no where in sight...
He might have just passed you while you were doing your wheelie.

Did you look in front of you??

JK, Though I saw some sick drag bikes at the strip tonight that had to have a flux capacitor installed. I'm talking 5 second flat 1/8 mile runs.

Yea only 1/8 mile tonight because of the wet track.

Oh and there was a blue k8 with no exhaust running 6.1's 1/8 mile and no it wasn't me.

Its shocking how many K8's Im seeing lately.

Anyways sorry for the thread jack, and yea a Busa will beat anything people have ever thought of or built.
bowdown.gif

Gotta watch out for the NOS. I've seen nitrous make street killers out of otherwise docile mills.

There was one of those Kawi's for sale on dragbike.com a while back. It was stretched, big bore kit (not sure of the cc) with a drag tire. Looked like a REALLY nice bike that was very reliable and fun to race (not street legal). The seller said it ran 9.50's. That's a Kawi with many thousands of dollars in it - probably not what this guy was riding.

People talk **** about my Pinto all the time. They ask me what it runs and they shut up when I tell them they can find out if they've got $500 dollars.

oh man if this story doesnt hit home, the welder here where i work talks smack on a daily basis about his 79-78
rock.gif
yamaha 1100 midnight special and how he really thinks it will hang with my bus thru the first 3-4 gears then i would "probably" start pulling away. the problem is his bike doesnt even run and he's talking sh!t

He was prolly standing there telling you this in jeans and a t-shirt to right what moron that guy
exactly. jeans dirty t-shirt, buying a case of beer. it was a pretty standard event
smile.gif

actually, I was wearing jeans and a clean t-shirt* so are we all really that different?

* under my leather jacket, gloves, helmet of course

Never know the guy may have had a killer bike ... 25 years ago my kz 1000  street bike had a 1260 kit , cams , nyburg ported head , smooth bores ...It ran 9.50s and you could ride it anywhere and i did !!!.. People talk shi&&  but sometimes they can back it up ..
beerchug.gif

gassing up, I see a couple of guys checking the bus going into the station. I go to pay my cash [me no do plastic] and I hear one muttering something "Suzuki" and "Piece of $#!t..." Then while I'm paying one of them says, "I could beat ya on my 1000..." Not caring to waste any time with this at all, I say, "I bet you could." He continues, "Yeah, you might get me on the top end, but I'd beat ya in the 1/4 mile... 78 Kawasai KZ1000..." I leave.

1978? what the... ? Maybe he has a bike setup for drag? Who knows. I was really in a hurry and didn't feel like investing any time in the Armchair Racer Boy thing. So... I guess he won, huh?
biggrin.gif
Whatever the suggested run some moron says he could beat you in, 2 different ways to respond would be Asking them to run ya starting a ways back on the road you came from where you saw a few cops sitting. You'll both Start in front of them and let them help decide who's faster outright. I helped persude a few muscle car guys who thought they were Gods to walk away and think about things with that suggestion.

Another would be to flip things around a bit and tell them, while it is your day off, you would be happy to contact some of your co-workers and sergeant about this retard challenging a off duty officer to an illegal streetrace.

I would have let him have the day like you WWJD.

A fella on a stretched KZ1000 was riding pulled up next to me so I let him go ahead and he could not pull away from me I was just toying with him keeping on his tail whacking on the thottle so my headlight would jump showing him I had alot more left.

my brother still rides my old kz 900 and its cammed up and got a few things done to it from when i had it and he tells me all the time that he could leave me standing still but then i would pass him, well lets just say he dont talk like that anymore after a little afternoon ride

heh... last few "dashes" I've made with riding buddies, I usully adjust throttle to keep them right next to me rather than just pull off and leave them. Something fun about 2 bikes 2 feet apart tearing up to 160, side by side
smile.gif

What was it...

KZ1000 http://www.artedelstein.com/OldBike....e43.jpg

KZ1000 Z1R http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008/06/12/bikepics-1318488-full.jpg

or KZ1000 Z1R TC? http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/12/19/bikepics-750853-full.jpg

I had a new 78 KZ1000 Z1R that did 11.99 quarters... top speed 143mph. Friend that owned the Kawi store had the KZ1000 Z1R TC.... could do 10.900 1/4 Mile @ 131.200 MPH... topped at 145mph. If this was just a 78 KZ 1000, it would have to be seriously punched to even be a race and it should have been obvious.... can't hide the turbo on these.
So which KZ1000 was it
sadnews.gif

Back