I got my first gun today!!!!!!

DrivesDadCrazy

Saiid's Awesome Son
Registered
It's a Daisy 'Buck' model lever action hi-capacity rifle! Since it has a 400 round internal magazine (take that Sen Feinstein :moon:) it was an easy sell to my dad that they may be banned by the time he thought I was old enough so we picked it up this morning.

9D1C07B8-B5BD-4DBE-AA59-7A8AB822BB97-2152-000003BAD1684AEB.jpg

My dad and I took it home and carefully opened the box as to preserve it later for collector value :)
He read the owners manual to me and explained what each and every part was. We read together the 10 rules of safe gun handling in the manual as well.

It's got a fiber optic front sight and everything!
C0D3C869-C728-46F0-92F4-0FCC216D135E-2152-000003BAF14B4C9F.jpg

Then it was time to show pop I already knew what I was doing, which of course I didn't have a clue. But I wasn't gonna let him see I had no idea. For as far as he knows I'm an Olympic Champeen!
We set up a ten meter range with some shoot n see targets.
755E2D5D-3A04-42A5-A795-34F44A080811-2152-000003BAE4A85742.jpg

After about four or five flicks to my noggin and not hitting a durn thing I figured I'd let dad 'Show' me again how to do it. What does he know? Just an old fart is all!

Well dang! First two BBs he shot made me realize I better listen to what he was saying...
FD8A33E7-463C-4BA7-8CCA-829DB1113DE5-2152-000003BB088CAAF3.jpg

After listening and breathing and holding it correctly I got on the paper and shot these two...
B0644302-F56E-4BA5-AD7F-40F7A564CE57-2152-000003BB00E5716B.jpg

Now I'm on the paper and ready. What a proud day in my life getting my first gun!
05FD86C4-5007-4DBF-98CA-B9F377A0D706-2152-000003BC43EDA04E.jpg

Thanks Dad :thumbsup:

Looking good lil man! Keep practicing you will be be a sharp shooter and show that old man of yours what's what.

Nice shootin', gonna give dad a run for his money. Maybe he can get ya a few ping pong balls to take aim on?

Nice! Remember BB guns can be dangerous too so respect them just like a real gun (words of wisdom from a guy who has never owned a gun).

great job dad.!! please remind him keep finger out of trigger area unless has target in sight safely down range..(no offense intended :please:)

Congratulations! Remember to always treat every gun like it is loaded, and never point it at anything you wouldn't want to shoot. This is a big day for you! :thumbsup:

great job dad.!! please remind him keep finger out of trigger area unless has target in sight safely down range..(no offense intended :please:)

Yes we were working on that. All in all he did great on his first day.

Is your left eye your dominate eye ?

He's more comfy now shooting right handed. For now we are just gonna work on his manual of arms and then later switch him up if we have to.

Yes we were working on that. All in all he did great on his first day.

He's more comfy now shooting right handed. For now we are just gonna work on his manual of arms and then later switch him up if we have to.
Glad you guys had fun. I noticed he was using his left eye for sighting. Did not know if that was his dominate eye.

You'll shoot your eye out kid.... :poke:

Wooo Hooo!! Happy day in the life of a young man. I remember my first repeater.. :beerchug:

That's awesome! Looks like a great way to hang out and make memories. Enjoy!

Congratulations to the young man! tis a big day for any young person to learn proper firearm safety and operation. some of my fondest memories were when my dad bought me a similar bb gun and learning the ropes which i one day turned into more knowledge and experience when i joined the Army Infantry. Very cool :beerchug: nothing better than a father and son bonding in the practice of The Second Amendment :beerchug: (also glad to see PPE safety glasses etc.) Good shot groups from the young man he will make a fine marksman and make his father proud :thumbsup:

Awesome! Any man that takes the time to show and teach a young buck about gun safety is "good people"
Enjoy your new gun lil man take care of it and it will bring you many years of enjoyment to pass along to your little guy later down the road.

Did Dad show you how to properly clean a gun yet? BB guns need maintanence also, or they will just rust and misfire just like our bigger guns.

Nice shooting:thumbsup: Keep practicing and you will have one hole in the target after 5 shots.

That's awesome! Looks like a great way to hang out and make memories. Enjoy!

Memories in deed! I still remember my dad taking me to Best Department store and picking out a Crossman BB Gun and him allowing me to take along on hunting trips when I was 6-8 yrs old. I always remember after a days of hunting we would come home break down the gun and do the cleaning this is where we got to talk and make memories.

Memories in deed! I still remember my dad taking me to Best Department store and picking out a Crossman BB Gun and him allowing me to take along on hunting trips when I was 6-8 yrs old. I always remember after a days of hunting we would come home break down the gun and do the cleaning this is where we got to talk and make memories.

That's what I'm talking 'bout!!

Back