I got her back together after the paint.

NCBusa2001

Registered
All right.  She is finally back together after the paint job.  

Many thanks for the board help on this one.  I didn't think I liked it at the start, but now it's starting to grow on me.

Anyone else think she looks, well...different from the front?  I was assuming they were going to flame the nose and windscreen, guess not.  

The only thing I have left to do is get a new set of rubber tomorrow.  Then she will be set for the track day Monday.  

I just hope she looks the same after Monday.  I'm hoping that being in the white group may keep her safe, we'll see.  

Please post comments positive or negative.  

Chris

Here is what she looked like before.

deals_gap_suit_small.jpg

I'm not sure if the flames flowing on the screen and nose would be better or not! Looks pretty good as is. Get the new shoes on and get her walking (or running)!

Looks good, nice way to keep the orginal tank with custom paint. But you stole my idea, I got a painter set I'll be starting shortly and was going to do something very similar in orange with black flames.

The tank thing was by accident. They tech needed the tank on so he could do the valves, (and the track prep). While it was in the shop the painter did the plastics. Figured it wouldn't look too bad, having a stock tank with flames. Actually the colors match really well.

Chris

Looks good Chris, but in my personal opinion, the flames should have incorporated the nose and gas tank. Maybe even the fender. Still looks good though...
bowdown.gif

Thanks guys.

BA-that's what I'm thinking. I'm just not sure how to approach it with the painter guy. The deal was for the whole bike, including the tank. Well, not that I'm complaining, but...They didn't paint the tank but still charged me for the original deal (which was $750). Nor any flames on the front, Hmmm.

Any suggestions?

Chris

Awesome! I how its not overdone. That is what turns me off on custom paint, if there is too much going on. I like that silver, is that the stock paint code? I got the hook up aswell for 750$ and I got pretty expensive paint! one 2-stage color and one 3-stage color. End of next week it should be doine
smile.gif

Back