Finaly all back together.......

Tree

Registered
Well I finaly got it all back together and now I can't shift out of first gear. She isn't running right either. In fact she will barely run at all. I'm not a happy camper. I had thought I had cut my chain one link too long. So today I cut the master out and the link right next to it. Now the chain is back on but the axle is against the front (of the cutout) of the swing arm. The slack now (after a short ride in first gear) is just about perfect. That and when I came home I lost the snap ring that holds the shifter on. The only thing I did motor wise is change the plugs. Nothing more. I'll post a link to the pics tomorrow, providing I get them to the one hour tonight. I'm hoping for the best. My Altered Chrome chain guard isn't on her yet. I still have to finish painting it, then make the cut. You will understand the cut when you see the pic's.

If any one has any ideas on what happened, please let me know.

Later,

Steve

Steve,

If you read your post you don't tell us what you did so it would be tough to offer any ideas on what happened??

Kent

rock.gif
Doesn't sound like anything that would keep her from coming out of first gear.........Hmmmm?

The not running right part could be a loose plug wire. When you lost the snap ring that holds the shifter on did you move the shift lever? May be you put it back on in the wrong spot and that is keeping it from twisting far enough to shift.

I'm guessing that when you took of the air box you might of forgot to hook up a vaccume line - that is what I did when re-installing my air box after doing the small box mod to it.
The one I forgot was at the back left corner of the box, and the line came from the front of the injectors near the center of where all the vaccume lines kinda' T into each other.
Also, I plugged off a sensor that shouldn't have been - it detects altitude changes - just underneath the one I forgot to hook up.
I think you should check the shop manual that is here on the site and refer to the diagrams there - It helped me get it straight. My bike wouldn't even idle and was putting out some darker smoke - kinda' like it was loaded up.
Hope this helps.

Pit Bull

"I'm guessing that when you took of the air box you might of forgot to hook up a vaccume line - that is what I did when re-installing my air box after doing the small box mod to it."
PIT BULL

I did that also, check that and if you can't shift outta 1st check how you put on the shifter back on the shift shaft. Like JC said.

Back