I finally saw one!

berryman

Registered
I went up to Max Pitts in Peru, IN and I finally saw a new V-Max. Dear God! You just can fully appreciate this thing until you see it right in front of you. Pictures DON'T do it justice! I used to ride a V-Max and I said I'd never get rid of it but....I did. Just a little part of me has always regretted it. My Busa is the only thing that ever came close to the fun factor of the V-Max! I tell ya what, if my job gets more secure and the orders start coming in! I'll own that BIG Ole' BAD-ASS V-Max again! 200 horse power off the showroom floor...Oh My!!!

Yes, I saw one too up in Kansas City. They had two on the showroom floor. A lot of dealers are just special ordering them.

I went up to Max Pitts in Peru, IN and I finally saw a new V-Max. Dear God! You just can fully appreciate this thing until you see it right in front of you. Pictures DON'T do it justice! I used to ride a V-Max and I said I'd never get rid of it but....I did. Just a little part of me has always regretted it. My Busa is the only thing that ever came close to the fun factor of the V-Max! I tell ya what, if my job gets more secure and the orders start coming in! I'll own that BIG Ole' BAD-ASS V-Max again! 200 horse power off the showroom floor...Oh My!!!

It's actually 174hp, according to the dyno that cycle world tested it on. So yea, it might have 200 at the crank, but yamaha was advertising 200 at the wheel, pre-release. I don't know if they've changed that now that people know the real numbers or not.

I've added one to my fantasy garage as well, but not before the mighty BKing!!

:rulez:

post-13-40248-useless.jpg

It's cool to get excited about stuff.

...and Spring is here, baby, yeah!!!

I have a friend who just got one, havent seen it yet so I cant supply any pictures. He said he wants to race me because he put a exhaust on it. lmao...... :laugh: He said he has 194HP. Then I told him that wouldnt be fair. He asked why and I told him.... I have more HP than that without the NOS..... He said forget it,lol:laugh:

I really was going to take my camera but it's kind of expensive so I left it at home. Here's a pic.

yamaha-vmax.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking bike but far too expensive and far too heavy

You need arms like Swartzenneger to ride 1 of these baby safely

I used to own a Max way back when. I like this one, however can't justify the price. Not when the white 09 Busas are available for a lot less! :thumbsup:

They had $15,900 on it but I've bought so many bikes (9) from them...I know they would come down more on it for me but my jobs still on shaky ground so the Busa will have to do.

There 197 at the crank, and Yamaha did the stupid ass $1000 down deposit like you were getting some spectacular piece of machinery, and now they sit at the dealerships.

When you turn the bike on it reads

"THis is V-max, time to ride" on the lcd screen and when you turn it off it reads "see you next time'

Kinda cool, some bad ass brakes and a good motor.

Now the bad, shaft drive, to much money, horrible seat

Forgot to mention check the v-max forums if you want a good laugh, most of them over there swear they can just kill the busa, zx-14,b-king.

Back