I don't get it?

157D75B2-8358-45B2-9337-F8FE02967366.jpeg

Too bad they make you have that ridiculous tag on the foot peg bracket....

Sure is a beauty....and the bike is cute too....:lol:
That's the Virginia anual State Inspection sticker...he has it there by Choice! lmao!
AND...it's also illegal...because the sticker is not allowed to be placed on a 'removeable' part, lol.
The sticker is supposed to be on a motorcycle frame, fork, swingarm, tank or fairing, anywhere visible.
Most dealers put them on the swingarm(looks terrible), or the fork tube between the triple clamps(where I put mine).
You also don't have to go to a motorcycle shop, and it's usually easier to go to an auto mechanic, as most of them don't know or don't care, and just check your lights, horn and paperwork, and hand you the sticker to put where you want it.
Every state has it's own rules, and not all have an anual inspection either.
To the contrary, if you go to Northern Va, they have the tailpipe sniffer/emissions for state inspection, where as the rest of the state does not.
Makes no sense but works for me.
I live about 4 hours west of fallenarch.

"Obviously" you have zero clue as to who I am and what I have lived through.

If I were 30 mins away from services, I'd be more concerned about medical response in the case of a family emergency verses bearing arms....let it be known, if I had to bear arms against an intruder, I am qualified to provide a very adequate response.

I believe in ones' right to defend themselves and their property by lethal force if necessary....in this particular case, this individual only had to defend himself due to the fact he intentionally placed himself in harm's way.
Hi. The what if's are endless. The past is gone. The future is a gift.
This is something we can agree on. Here it is your legal duty to retreat from your own home if you are able.
Hi. If the home invaders lock you out of YOUR house can the people that invaded YOUR house get you arrested if you try to break back in?

My bad as I read he lived in Illinois and went to Kenosha but forgot the rifle was already at his friends house in Kenosha...

He had no purpose to be there unless to protest, this bunk about going to protect property is just that-bunk.

It is a win he has to live with this as it may deter him from ever doing it again. Hopefully he takes some of the money he will receive to go get counseling.
Screenshot_20211124-010358_Facebook.jpg

I knew most of that and got it from the media, including the written media. What was a bit harder to find was that Kyle was a fairly radicalized dude. But none of that matters, in this case, the court's ruling was a valid one.

I knew most of that and got it from the media, including the written media. What was a bit harder to find was that Kyle was a fairly radicalized dude. But none of that matters, in this case, the court's ruling was a valid one.
Hep it's a done deal now, it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks at this point.

A precedent has now been set for future cases.

Hi. The what if's are endless. The past is gone. The future is a gift.

Hi. If the home invaders lock you out of YOUR house can the people that invaded YOUR house get you arrested if you try to break back in?
Hi. What do you think of this. RITTENHOUSE''s
Hep it's a done deal now, it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks at this point.

A precedent has now been set for future cases.
Hi. Kind of a new twist now. Rittenhouse may be looking his name. He may have his lawyers go after the media and people who jumped to conclusions that he was a white supremacist. People like Biden ?????????????? By the way he was a very very crappy white supremacist he got it all wrong.

There are lots of holes in your argument...when the 2nd amendment was written, the US was pretty young and the threat of attack from a tyrannical government would come from off shore so the citizens needed to be armed to form militias to defend their country.

Now you have a large, very technological advanced multi tiered military, police force, border patrol, coast guard, home land security, etc, etc......by the time the citizens rear up in an organized fashion in order to attempt a governmental attack, the US (as the world knows it) will have ceased to exist.

The presence of common sense and decency is what stopped any shots at the Bundy ranch, if the government was trying to impose tyranny, that ranch would have been a smoldering pit of destruction in a second.
The founders knew what tyranny was and even with 3 co equal branches of government they knew the possibilities might someday require the citizens to defend themselves from the newest breed of tyrants to emerge. ( just look at the crap going on now ) It only took roughly 10% of the Patriots at the time of this countries birth to fend off the British and rid themselves of King George and his taxes.

The technology didn't exist in the times these amendments were written so they wrote them for what they considered feasible. Besides, have you ever heard of the Posse Comitatus Act?

You said...
The presence of common sense and decency is what stopped any shots at the Bundy ranch, if the government was trying to impose tyranny, that ranch would have been a smoldering pit of destruction in a second.

Bill Clinton, Janet Reno and others involved in the gross misuse of power at Waco and Ruby Ridge felt the brunt of disgust from the American people for years after those events ended. To think that the Feds would brutalize Americans again in the Bundy Ranch scenario when the defenders were defending what they thought was justified wasn't going to play out real good in the eyes of millions of Americans. Many Americans thought the Feds were over reaching with the Bundys. The Bundys had a history dating back to the 1860s regarding the use of that land. Their is much more to that story than I have the energy for.

However... they did get off the hook rather easily when they shot and murdered an unarmed Lavoy Finicum in an ambush where he complied with officers.

If perhaps 100s of Kyle Rittenhouse types had shown up in Portland and other cities where over 2 billion dollars in property damage occurred in one summer, where at least 15 people were murdered by rioters, where businesses were destroyed and never to re open again, where countless items were looted and considered "reparations" by the left and the democrats that would not call for the stoppage of the mayhem.... Perhaps the real radicals would have backed off before it got out of hand.

Based of what has been discovered the whole notion of somebody not being legally justified to defend themselves has now been put to rest... for a while anyway. The trial of Kyle wasn't even about Kyle or self defense... it was a another war of words in the so called "media" over the 2nd Amendment and getting guns out of the hands of people that use them to preserve life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness from those that would take it from us if given the chance.

The founders knew what tyranny was and even with 3 co equal branches of government they knew the possibilities might someday require the citizens to defend themselves from the newest breed of tyrants to emerge. ( just look at the crap going on now ) It only took roughly 10% of the Patriots at the time of this countries birth to fend off the British and rid themselves of King George and his taxes.

The technology didn't exist in the times these amendments were written so they wrote them for what they considered feasible. Besides, have you ever heard of the Posse Comitatus Act?

You said...

Bill Clinton, Janet Reno and others involved in the gross misuse of power at Waco and Ruby Ridge felt the brunt of disgust from the American people for years after those events ended. To think that the Feds would brutalize Americans again in the Bundy Ranch scenario when the defenders were defending what they thought was justified wasn't going to play out real good in the eyes of millions of Americans. Many Americans thought the Feds were over reaching with the Bundys. The Bundys had a history dating back to the 1860s regarding the use of that land. Their is much more to that story than I have the energy for.

However... they did get off the hook rather easily when they shot and murdered an unarmed Lavoy Finicum in an ambush where he complied with officers.

Have you ever been in a country which is deemed a failed state? As soon as the citizens rise up bearing arms against their government that is exactly where their country is going. It's not the act of rising up that destroys a country but the fact the government is so busy dealing with the civil war, infrastructure, public utilities and flow of goods cease....regular citizens start to act in an almost animalistic fashion in order to survive..

Nobody wins in such an act....

If we look at isolated incidents, there will be atrocities at many of them...the treatment of your indigenous peoples for instance where your government troops swoop in and kill a whole village of women, children and elderly people in the name of progress or when your government forced these same people off the land they have occupied for thousands of years so a city or farms could be built....

The list is long an bloody....

How many innocent people over the years have died at the end of a gun barrel due to either negligence of the gun owner or wanton gun fire? This doesn't seem like progress to me right to bear arms or not.

If perhaps 100s of Kyle Rittenhouse types had shown up in Portland and other cities where over 2 billion dollars in property damage occurred in one summer, where at least 15 people were murdered by rioters, where businesses were destroyed and never to re open again, where countless items were looted and considered "reparations" by the left and the democrats that would not call for the stoppage of the mayhem.... Perhaps the real radicals would have backed off before it got out of hand.

Based of what has been discovered the whole notion of somebody not being legally justified to defend themselves has now been put to rest... for a while anyway. The trial of Kyle wasn't even about Kyle or self defense... it was a another war of words in the so called "media" over the 2nd Amendment and getting guns out of the hands of people that use them to preserve life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness from those that would take it from us if given the chance.
That's called vigilantism and it sure doesn't work....it might the first time but the second time the rioters will be armed as well then you have massive fire fights surging through the streets killing anyone and everyone...

Sounds like the end of your nation to me.

More guns is not the answer, using the 'ol grey matter is.....

While I am at it...I spent most of my life with guns from an early age on our farm up to all the times I was deployed with the military.

While deployed, I had to worry about my weapons and strapping them on each day...it was very nice to come home and not have to worry about strapping on a sidearm or weapon system...I never missed that aspect at all.

I am very fortunate to live in a country where we as citizens don't feel the need to be armed to leave our house...

Gun violence does happen here from time to time but there are never headlines such as a toddler shot it's mother or family member due to finding a loaded gun somewhere within reach. I'd give up all my guns if it meant a headline like that would never be necessary.

I don't get why people look at the riot situation and completely forget that what started this is police using excessive force against the minority population. Stop that and none of this would have happened and we probably wouldn't be discussing it. What exactly is the proper response to government overreach? Who do you turn to in the system you historically are not treated equally in?

Don't forget that for 150 years whites would simply kill dozens of blacks and burn their neighborhoods at will. The term race riot only in the last 40 years or so has meant minorities taking to the streets - and the source of the violence is still questionable.

Is rioting right? No, Damaging another's property is always wrong in a civilized society. Is the answer creating an arms race in the populace? Nope. We know this because we've tried this several times before (in the wild west and the 20's alcohol wars) and the solution was the prohibition of weapons.

This is all very simple, yet hard to do. The police must be 100% above racist actions against the citizens. They must be a trusted partner to all Americans. Only then can they use the force necessary to stop rising crime without total destabilization of the country.

I don't get why people look at the riot situation and completely forget that what started this is police using excessive force against the minority population. Stop that and none of this would have happened and we probably wouldn't be discussing it. What exactly is the proper response to government overreach? Who do you turn to in the system you historically are not treated equally in?

Don't forget that for 150 years whites would simply kill dozens of blacks and burn their neighborhoods at will. The term race riot only in the last 40 years or so has meant minorities taking to the streets - and the source of the violence is still questionable.

Is rioting right? No, Damaging another's property is always wrong in a civilized society. Is the answer creating an arms race in the populace? Nope. We know this because we've tried this several times before (in the wild west and the 20's alcohol wars) and the solution was the prohibition of weapons.

This is all very simple, yet hard to do. The police must be 100% above racist actions against the citizens. They must be a trusted partner to all Americans. Only then can they use the force necessary to stop rising crime without total destabilization of the country.
Hi. You are 100% correct. We all must work together make this world better.

Have you ever been in a country which is deemed a failed state? As soon as the citizens rise up bearing arms against their government that is exactly where their country is going. It's not the act of rising up that destroys a country but the fact the government is so busy dealing with the civil war, infrastructure, public utilities and flow of goods cease....regular citizens start to act in an almost animalistic fashion in order to survive..

Nobody wins in such an act....

If we look at isolated incidents, there will be atrocities at many of them...the treatment of your indigenous peoples for instance where your government troops swoop in and kill a whole village of women, children and elderly people in the name of progress or when your government forced these same people off the land they have occupied for thousands of years so a city or farms could be built....

The list is long an bloody....

How many innocent people over the years have died at the end of a gun barrel due to either negligence of the gun owner or wanton gun fire? This doesn't seem like progress to me right to bear arms or not.
Points well taken... violence is not the answer and yet we have a government that uses guns to enforce laws when the perps ( IRS issues ) don't comply with the law. If you were to dig deep into tax laws you would discover they are unconstitutional at their very core. Judge Napolitano explains it in legal terms very concisely on you tube if you don't believe that point.

You might ask... how will governments fund themselves and provide the services they do right now?

The answer is a very straight forward consumption tax. Everybody consumes... to be alive means resources are provided by producers and consumed by consumers. The problem with that is it creates black markets that would cheat the consumption tax laws.

As far as our country violating the rights of the Indians and blacks... it is a sad state of mental instability where human values were discounted to a point that shows no compassion, no love and no respect for the human race that became so obvious. For this world to work for everyone we must get together and all work together for the common good for each other. I believe that is what the United Nations charter spells out in so many ways. However, it has also turned into a failed international enterprise where lies are told ( Powell and weapons of mass destruction, Mc Namera, Gulf of Tonkin, etc... ) and wars are not prevented.

So, what is the answer to mankind's problems as they are on full display now?

My short answer is to only allow mature and benevolent leaders to map out a plan to unite the world in all the ways that are possible that preserve and benefit the human race. How that would be determined brings us back to the ruling class ruling itself... and like term limits in our US Congress... those term limits are probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Got any better ideas?

I like these discussions... we rediscover how much we think alike on certain issues.

Points well taken... violence is not the answer and yet we have a government that uses guns to enforce laws when the perps ( IRS issues ) don't comply with the law. If you were to dig deep into tax laws you would discover they are unconstitutional at their very core. Judge Napolitano explains it in legal terms very concisely on you tube if you don't believe that point.

You might ask... how will governments fund themselves and provide the services they do right now?

The answer is a very straight forward consumption tax. Everybody consumes... to be alive means resources are provided by producers and consumed by consumers. The problem with that is it creates black markets that would cheat the consumption tax laws.

As far as our country violating the rights of the Indians and blacks... it is a sad state of mental instability where human values were discounted to a point that shows no compassion, no love and no respect for the human race that became so obvious. For this world to work for everyone we must get together and all work together for the common good for each other. I believe that is what the United Nations charter spells out in so many ways. However, it has also turned into a failed international enterprise where lies are told ( Powell and weapons of mass destruction, Mc Namera, Gulf of Tonkin, etc... ) and wars are not prevented.

So, what is the answer to mankind's problems as they are on full display now?

My short answer is to only allow mature and benevolent leaders to map out a plan to unite the world in all the ways that are possible that preserve and benefit the human race. How that would be determined brings us back to the ruling class ruling itself... and like term limits in our US Congress... those term limits are probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Got any better ideas?

I like these discussions... we rediscover how much we think alike on certain issues.
Sadly, there are no answers to this...humans as a general rule are not designed to get along....

Back