I am a lucky SOB!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure others will post our big NorCal ride to Infineon Raceway for the AMA Superbike races.
9 pm, I just got home (Reno) I was riding home and assending out of the 105 degree pain into the cool Sierras, 75 mph, no one around, I looked down at my Zumo for a second then looked back up and RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME WAS A DEER! I leaned hard right and just as she attempted to spin and run across my path, I HIT HER BUTT WITH MY LEFT KNEE PUCK! It was unbelievable, my left leg was flung back into the air, the deer spun, I focused on balance and staying on the road.....and I LIVED! All at over 70 mph....what a rush. My knee is actually a little sore...quite an impact, I love my knee pucks, they're for more than cornering! BTW, the song that was playing on XM was "One Way or Another" by Blondie, my new favorite song. Doyle

Thank GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :please:

Good Save Doyle. Goddamn Bamdi's...............:firing:

Good to See ya again My Friend. Will Post up some Pic's when Robb or Pardini get them Started

Lucky indeed!

I hit one last summer at about 40, overdid the front brake and went down. Ouch!

Glad to hear you are OK Doyle, sounds like one of those situations where just a second or two one way or the other could have been disasterous, can make one feel as though they have some form divine protection or just really really lucky.:thumbsup:

Glad to hear you are OK Doyle, sounds like one of those situations where just a second or two one way or the other could have been disasterous, can make one feel as though they have some form divine protection or just really really lucky.:thumbsup:

Where were You Today Gene ???

Yes Doyle this is a a :hijack: but more Importantly "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT" :superman:

Where were You Today Gene ???

Yes Doyle this is a a :hijack: but more Importantly "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT" :superman:

Had to help a friend work on his car today, the guys had like 3 back surgeries in the last 2 years and has a difficult time doing anything physical. I really wanted to go to this event too but sometimes I have to remind myself to keep priorities in order.

I'm too tired and weak to react, it's bedtime for daddy. Thanks everybody for your comments. Doyle

Last edited:
Oh my lord Doyle! unreal! im so, so, very glad you are still here, brother that is scary!

Doyle, Glad to hear you made it home safely.

Maybe time to consider the Deer Whistle Mod. Think it's somewhere in the stickies.

Comes standard on that Old Guys Bike you were tryin' on. :poke:

Seriously, The rider's pray at the track this afternoon blessed your journey home. We are all thankful.

Russ...

Doyle, you have too much time and money invested in that Busa to mess it up with some deer guts. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Oh, Doyle...what a story.

I'm so glad you pulled through that.

I don't even know what else to say.

Good save, man...good save.

Back