How to

Rich

Registered
I just got the new indiglo guages from speed-hut and was wondering if any of you guys know how to take the dash off so I can install it. I am assuming that I need to take the fairings off of the bike? Thanks in advance.

I don't have my bike in front of me so here goes. First remove the windshield for easier access. Remove all three black plasic panels (push centers of black rivets in with pointed object, now pry up with something flat). Next I think there are four bolts that hold the gauges in place. Disconnect two wire harnesses from back of gauges, and they should come out. I don't think you have to remove any fairings but I can't remember. Once gauges are out should be about 4-8 screws on the backside that get removed. Walah.........................Should be ready for your new face plates.

If I was at home I could give you better instructions. maybe someone on the board who has their bike handy can help!

KS thanks for the info, much appreciated. Fast, no prob I will let you know. I am going to do it tomorrow, are you planning on getting a set? They look really good.

I don't have my bike in front of me so here goes. First remove the windshield for easier access. Remove all three black plasic panels (push centers of black rivets in with pointed object, now pry up with something flat). Next I think there are four bolts that hold the gauges in place. Disconnect two wire harnesses from back of gauges, and they should come out. I don't think you have to remove any fairings but I can't remember. Once gauges are out should be about 4-8 screws on the backside that get removed. Walah.........................Should be ready for your new face plates.
I appreciate that info too KS. I got mine in the mail yesterday and they are schweeeet. Will probably install them once I get my parts back from chroming and put the bike back together. Or maybe I will just do it on my next day off.

Brian

Mine had 2 bolts on the bottom and 2 plastic studs on top(that just pop out) and 1 wire harness to remove the dash. But I have a 2000 busa so might be different. There are also some tips on my other posts in the general section. :thumbsup:

Back