Genmar And Helibar Install (how To Reroute Choke Cable)

Syed

Registered
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have very limited knowledge of how things work here, so please excuse my ignorance if this question has already been asked before.

I am trying to install Helibars and 1 1/4 Genmar riser on my 2006 Hayabusa. I am trying to find out how to reroute the choke cable and if having both (Risers & Helibar) will cause any problems while riding etc. Will i have enough clearance with a DB screen.

If someone has a (how to install) pictures or a video, that would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.

How tall are the gen mar risers ? Trying to use both will most likely not work . its usually one or the other . Or go a full lsl kit

I think u mean throttle cable as there should be no choke cable as bike is fuel injected

Gen1 has a fast idle cable, kind of like a choke, even though it's fuel injected.

And .75" risers and Heli-bars is as high as you can go without bars hitting inner windshield when turning.
Some people get by with 1" risers and Heli-bars, but lines are tight, and the bars rub inner sheild.
You would need longer brake and clutch lines with Heli-bars and 1.25" risers, and should have longer lines with a 1" spacer.

I ran the tall Genmar and Helibars for 10+ years. Trimming the windshield (ZG Sport Touring at the time) is mandatory. Routing of the fast idle cable under the very front of the tank, between the mounting bolts. I wound up shimming the tank up with some 1/4" thick elastomers so as not to crush the housing on the cable. Now Running a CNC Top Yokes/Fatbar setup with same fast idle routing.

Thank you guys, this was really helpful. Is there a noticeable difference if i use both 3/4 GenMar and Helibars? or i should just go with using one of the options?

not too high! I have a bad back and just want a comfortable ride. I am stationed in Europe, Romania to be exact and there aren't many straight roads to be speeding on. I am trying to take my Busa on a long drive through curvy mountain roads etc and just want to take my time through the scenic routes.

Looking forward to your expert advise.

You might be better off just going with the dirt bike bars, considering your situation. It will be a bit more expensive and some more work installing, but it sounds like they would be the best fit for you.

I ran the tall Genmar and Helibars for 10+ years. Trimming the windshield (ZG Sport Touring at the time) is mandatory. Routing of the fast idle cable under the very front of the tank, between the mounting bolts. I wound up shimming the tank up with some 1/4" thick elastomers so as not to crush the housing on the cable. Now Running a CNC Top Yokes/Fatbar setup with same fast idle routing.
Some info picture from ABM/LSL/Spiegler superbikeadapterplate for rerouting the fast idle cable
Nr 3
Choke cable line routing 99-07.JPG

I just installed HeliBars and in trying to reroute the cable according to the HeliBar instruction sheet the kink or curve in it was just too severe to suit me so I left it alone. Now it just decreases the idle lever's 'travel'. It moves just less than an inch now from base idle to high idle but still works fine. Turning the bars to full left lock the idle goes up automatically a few revs but only in full left lock, a position I'll never be in on the road. Haven't put many miles on them yet but I'm sure I'll appreciate them when riding slowly (yes, it can happen):D or downhill.

Back