HOw much would u pay per gallon,

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I need a little ejukashun. Surely the point of our actions "over there" is not just the price of gas. But that is part of it though.

I am NOT antiwar, and I am not wanting us to loose our sons and daughters either.

If gas went up to $5 a gallon, to bring them home, would you pay it? Of course you would. We ALL would. We always do. We are not gonna quit our jobs that pay so well and make us drive 40 miles every day, to take a lessere paying job near our homes.

We, apparently can afford it, as seen by the number of SUVs still polluting the roadways. They are not dwindling.

Fight back! Use less gas

- plan your trips and get everything done in one run
- drive slower, maybe the actual speed limit
- put 2 more PSI in your tires than recommended for your vehicle
- car pool. I remember mom and dad riding to work together
smile.gif

- Drive your motorcycle more!!!
- use that corn based gas.... Ethanol? I forget what it is, and in my state, that is the cheapest also

I was in Kum&Go [yes that is a real store] this morning and the cashier shouts "If ya need gas, get it now! I just got the call - it's going up 10 cents"

Some one tell me why they think I have spent all this time in Iraq just to bring down the price of gas. I keep hearing this and it's always coming out of some one's mouth that hasn’t been there. Stop watching the BS the TV feeds you and go over and look for your self. I did not rebuild ONE oil derrick or pipeline while I was there. If you want your gas prices to go down then go battle the oil companied that are HERE IN THIS COUNTRY! They are the ones rapping us at the pumps, them and your elected officials that are getting kick backs form those companies in the form of campaign contributions. It does not matter how many miles to the gallon we get it will not bring the price of oil down.

Sorry rant off.
rant.gif

gunny, because I'm uninformed? I NEVER watch the news, I NEVER read the news, I don't pay attention to any of that stuff. I am sorry. I am sure there is more to it.

Why are we there? WHAT job? Terrorism will always exist. We are going to stop it worldwide by fighting a war over there?

What are these people dieing for? ?

I dont necessarily think that its the big oil companies fault either.... Why have we not built more production refineries? There is plenty of crude oil flowing, summer price increases are because of output of refineries.. I may be completely off base but I think its been like 30 years since we built our last one in this country... It was our DEQ that has been the holdup.....

cap

Our reason for being there related to oil has the same relationship to what would you save on taxes if we stopped sending a 40 year old Space Shuttle into space
wink.gif

(WWJD @ May 11 2007,07:03) What are these people dieing for? ?
We are over there dying in an attempt to keep the terrorism "over there" and not here.  We invaded Iraq because Saddam was fueling the fire.  There is no easy fix.....

I would much rather travel thousands of miles and fight there than here in our back yards.

I support taking the fight to the enemy so that my children may live free.When its all said and done, I hope that my 20 yrs served and my time in Iraq is an even trade for my children never having to experience some of the stuff which I have endured.

I love my children
I love my freedom
I love my fellow Americas

Keep the fight over there vice here!!!!

DD

(Gunnybusa @ May 11 2007,06:39) Some one tell me why they think I have spent all this time in Iraq just to bring down the price of gas. I keep hearing this and it's always coming out of some one's mouth that hasn’t been there. Stop watching the BS the TV feeds you and go over and look for your self. I did not rebuild ONE oil derrick or pipeline while I was there. If you want your gas prices to go down then go battle the oil companied that are HERE IN THIS COUNTRY! They are the ones rapping us at the pumps, them and your elected officials that are getting kick backs form those companies in the form of campaign contributions. It does not matter how many miles to the gallon we get it will not bring the price of oil down.

Sorry rant off.
rant.gif
Gunny,

THANK you for your service. I cannot write words to describe the pride I have for everyone wearing our flag overseas. Godspeed.

-snake.

OK I'm just a Southern Redneck and proud of it not that smart when it comes to financial matters . That being said . Why cant we as a whole (country) Pick one oil company and everyone buy there product ,oil, diesel and gas. In turn would put a hurting on the other companies who in turn would drop there prices . Then the first company would have to drop there prices to keep up . In the end it would be corporate price war ...
Thats just a poor southern boy's opinion ....

(BusaSamurai @ May 11 2007,11:32) OK I'm just a Southern Redneck and proud of it not that smart when it comes to financial matters . That being said . Why cant we as a whole (country) Pick one oil company and everyone buy there product ,oil, diesel and gas. In turn would put a hurting on the other companies who in turn would drop there prices . Then the first company would have to drop there prices to keep up . In the end it would be corporate price war ...
Thats just a poor southern boy's opinion ....
That will not work, there is not such thing as competition for big oil corporations.
I don`t think of civilized method to fight them.

I`d say if out lovely president was the owner of big 3 car manufactures the price of gas will be $.99 per gallon again so he can sell more Hammers and Suburbans.

Ramblings below...

Tree huggers opposing new refineries, the refineries we do have are required to produce several different formulations for different markets, and store them separate, and transport them separate, in the name of "cleaner burning fuel". OK fine, but let's simplify the manufacturing and supply chain - everybody gets the "cleaner burning fuel". Regular and high octane - that's it for choices.

This last round of price hikes were due to a refinery in Oklahoma being shut down due to a lightning strike, or so I'm told.

That and the greedy bastards running the oil companies - why are profits up 400%?

If people are going to say this is a war about oil, I say, fine - let's make it about the oil. We take half and Iraq gets to keep half, until the debt for the war is paid off. By the way, Kuwait, you owe us a price break as well.

How long are we going to be in Iraq?. Well, we are still in Germany and Japan, and have been since WW II.

ok - enough for me.....

(pward76 @ May 11 2007,13:03) Ramblings below...

Tree huggers opposing new refineries,  the refineries we do have are required to produce several different formulations for different markets, and store them separate, and transport them separate, in the name of "cleaner burning fuel".  OK fine, but let's simplify the manufacturing and supply chain - everybody gets the "cleaner burning fuel".  Regular and high octane - that's it for choices.

This last round of price hikes were due to a refinery in Oklahoma being shut down due to a lightning strike, or so I'm told.

That and the greedy bastards running the oil companies - why are profits up 400%?

If people are going to say this is a war about oil, I say, fine - let's make it about the oil.  We take half and Iraq gets to keep half, until the debt for the war is paid off.  By the way, Kuwait, you owe us a price break as well.

How long are we going to be in Iraq?.  Well, we are still in Germany and Japan, and have been since WW II.

ok - enough for me.....
But remember we went to war with them to make them lower the price of their cars and electronics
wink.gif

(Gunnybusa @ May 11 2007,13:31)
(pward76 @ May 11 2007,13:03) Ramblings below...

Tree huggers opposing new refineries,  the refineries we do have are required to produce several different formulations for different markets, and store them separate, and transport them separate, in the name of "cleaner burning fuel".  OK fine, but let's simplify the manufacturing and supply chain - everybody gets the "cleaner burning fuel".  Regular and high octane - that's it for choices.

If people are going to say this is a war about oil, I say, fine - let's make it about the oil.  We take half and Iraq gets to keep half, until the debt for the war is paid off.  By the way, Kuwait, you owe us a price break as well.

How long are we going to be in Iraq?.  Well, we are still in Germany and Japan, and have been since WW II.

ok - enough for me.....
But remember we went to war with them to make them lower the price of their cars and electronics  
wink.gif
Yeah, those little things like stopping world domination and genocide, deposing evil leaders, and the like were just side benefits...

Stopping world domination? you must be kidding. We have military bases in 144 countries because we want to stop world domination? We dominate the damn world. Who cares that every nation in the world hate us for that. Who cares when our leader compared with Hitler. Zeig Heil Geoge!!!

If you want to see an impact made and fuel prices drop, have every Trucker in the US pull a strike. Nothing moves until fuel prices drop to $1.25 a gallon and stay there. That would show a negative force impacting the economy, the Oil Companies, and it would make life in America difficult for a few weeks.

America is the buying force when it comes to oil. If we stand then something will have to happen. In reality we have allowed a free Country to become a Country of slaves to oil.

It's amazing to me that people complain about my SUV, my truck, or whatever other gas guzzler I may choose to drive. My parents drove vehicles that were lucky to see 10MPG. Gas cost them 50cent a gallon or less. Yeah, there are a few more cars on the road today. That raises fuel prices because of the demand, not because of a shortage.

How many people have seen fuel prices negatively impact their life yet? I have slowed down my driving, my racing, and anything else that requires fuel. Not because I think I can save a gallon, but because I want to save a dollar.

Things are only going to get worse, not better, and what are we doing about it? What are you going to do if another storm equal to Katrina hits the Gulf? Oil will skyrocket out of control again and prices will be out of the reach of many.

I'm glad I have a motorcycle.

(WWJD @ May 11 2007,11:26) I need a little ejukashun.  Surely the point of our actions "over there" is not just the price of gas.  But that is part of it though.

I am NOT antiwar, and I am not wanting us to loose our sons and daughters either.

If gas went up to $5 a gallon, to bring them home, would you pay it?  Of course you would.  We ALL would.  We always do.  We are not gonna quit our jobs that pay so well and make us drive 40 miles every day, to take a lessere paying job near our homes.

We, apparently can afford it, as seen by the number of SUVs still polluting the roadways.  They are not dwindling.

Fight back!  Use less gas

- plan your trips and get everything done in one run
- drive slower, maybe the actual speed limit
- put 2 more PSI in your tires than recommended for your vehicle
- car pool.   I remember mom and dad riding to work together  
smile.gif

- Drive your motorcycle more!!!
- use that corn based gas.... Ethanol?  I forget what it is, and in my state, that is the cheapest also

I was in Kum&Go [yes that is a real store] this morning and the cashier shouts "If ya need gas, get it now!  I just got the call - it's going up 10 cents"
I would pay $10 to bring them home, but I agree with Gunnybusa, the problem isn't over there, it's over here. The gasoline taxes is what's funding the war. Please explain how oil prices are steady and in some cases declining and gasoline prices continue to go up?
rock.gif
And everyone knows that oil and gasoline prices vary versely. In other words, if oil prices go up, then gas prices go up and vice-versa. The oil refineries have slowed output hence the higher gasoline prices. Basically creating a somewhat shortage in the supply and demand economy. I've worked in the Petroleum industry for over 16 years now, and believe me when I say that I understand this concept all too well.

(captain @ May 11 2007,12:05) I dont necessarily think that its the big oil companies fault either.... Why have we not built more production refineries? There is plenty of crude oil flowing, summer price increases are because of output of refineries.. I may be completely off base but I think its been like 30 years since we built our last one in this country... It was our DEQ that has been the holdup.....

cap
You are right on-point with this assessment Cap. And to add to one of your statements. We don't need anymore refineries in this country. We have more than enough refineries in this country to sustain our needs. The companies are basically controlling output and creating it's own market. Hence the super-high profits these oil companies make. Funny thing is that our President is an oil man, the Vice Pres. and even our beloved Sec. of State have very close ties to the petroleum industry. Please believe me when I say that the war does not have any direct impact on our gas prices.

One other interesting fact you all might want to take in. Gasoline is not the biggest money maker in an oil refinery. There are so many products that are produced from crude oil (i.e. kerosene, diesel, naphtha, mineral spirits, various acids, jet fuel, reduced crudes, gas oils, LPG which is Liquified Petroleum Gases like propane, fuel grade petroleum coke, etc.)

**** that i say we use biodiesel and call it a day... cant get any better than gas made from straight seeds.  I know this is going to seem rediculous.. but "Pimp My Ride" had a pretty sweet episode on biodiesel, including how they make it. They put a biodiesel engine in a 65 Impalla SS that made 800hp, beat a v12 lambo, AND gets 25 mpg... not f****** back for 800 horses... and its all growable in your backyard. We actually produce biodiesel 100% in america... no need for crossing the pond.
beerchug.gif

Another plus.. they had Arnold in the episode explaining how it all is going down and how California is going to lead the movement.  That seems like some pretty positive steps to me.  If we can limit Crude Oil usage to lubricants only and other small things... it wouldnt matter if it was $50 a gallon it will still be affordable with oil technologies increasing to oil that only needs to be changed every 10,000 miles(which is already out).

One last edit(SORRY!): Did I mention it has 80% less of harmful effects on the environment? You happy you tree huggers?

Linky to the episode... watch all 3 videos

Back