Fuel Price Highway Robbery

Mike Chambers

Registered
Having seen what you pay in California per gallon, spare a thought that there is roughly 4 gallons per litre and our fuel is now going up despite all commodity prices going down,I'm now paying $2.25 per litre with no justification from the c#&ts who own the gas stations. It's modern day highway robbery

Having seen what you pay in California per gallon, spare a thought that there is roughly 4 gallons per litre and our fuel is now going up despite all commodity prices going down,I'm now paying $2.25 per litre with no justification from the c#&ts who own the gas stations. It's modern day highway robbery

You meant four litres per gallon...my friend lives in Wales and laughs everytime I complain about high gas prices, but then, he doesn't have all the roads the USA has to ride in. I filled up during and after my CBX ride the other day and it cost around $3.29 per gallon.

You meant four litres per gallon...my friend lives in Wales and laughs everytime I complain about high gas prices, but then, he doesn't have all the roads the USA has to ride in. I filled up during and after my CBX ride the other day and it cost around $3.29 per gallon.
1 gallon equals 4.5 litres on chart conversion

My bad, anyway someone in the fuel industry needs to do jail time

Sadly it's not just the fuel industry. Broken down, the added local, state and federal 'taxes' add greatly to the price of fuel. In California, there is a 59 cent per gallon tax, of which is a 30 cent excise tax, whatever that is, a 2.25% sales tax and then whatever 'district' or city/county fees are added. THEN...the Feds add nearly 19 cents more for gas and nearly 25 cents more for diesel PER GALLON. So...a day ride of just 250-300 miles on one of my bikes costs me over $30 just for gas. Ain't life grand? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sadly it's not just the fuel industry. Broken down, the added local, state and federal 'taxes' add greatly to the price of fuel. In California, there is a 59 cent per gallon tax, of which is a 30 cent excise tax, whatever that is, a 2.25% sales tax and then whatever 'district' or city/county fees are added. THEN...the Feds add nearly 19 cents more for gas and nearly 25 cents more for diesel PER GALLON. So...a day ride of just 250-300 miles on one of my bikes costs me over $30 just for gas. Ain't life grand? :rolleyes:
Taxes dont surprise me. Only 2 things in life that are guaranteed, death and taxes. Surprising that California seems to pump oil out of their ground. Damn greenies won't let us find our oil here or a certain people will want ownership of it.

Who would have guessed?
20170202_183219.jpg

#GasPricesUp ~ #MotorcycleSalesUp ~ #TaxesAreGoingUp ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Back