How much should an air shifter cost installed?

twinvipers

Registered
Got a price of 1000.00 to purchase and have installed. They said they also need to flash the computer.
Is this a fair price? Should the bike pick up et or mph? I would guess it should 60' better not that i would be able to launch with both feet on the ground.

Got a price of 1000.00 to purchase and have installed. They said they also need to flash the computer.Is this a fair price? Should the bike pick up et or mph? I would guess it should 60' better not that i would be able to launch with both feet on the ground.

$1,000.00 is way to much, you dont need to flash you ECU when you install an airshifter.

are you just using the button to shift or making it auto shift?

either way a grand is kind of high.

What brand of shifter?

1k is to much. There next to know labor time involved and the parts don't add up to anything near that. Tell him, "no, no, no... I don't need a reach around included in the price"

They may be using the ECU to kill the bike, and if so, you have to reflash the puter to do it. But it still should not be a grand. $500 to $600 on the high side if they supply everything for the shifter as well.

cycle tech is great and price is super great this system is so easy to install it is setup to be easy and man works and looks great I am sooo happy with mine.:thumbsup:

When I first read this I thought it said (How much should an air filter cost installed?)

Imagine my suprise when I saw the cost

Thanks guys

This quote is from Lee's Performance in NC. Any other places you can suggest? I thought it sounded high.

Too bad you are not closer.........

I we could do it over some beers:beerchug:

It is not really hard.

Go to Cycleteks page and he has instructions posted........ Pretty step by step

Thanks again guys

I wish I was confident in doing it myself.

I guess there are Two types? A compressor one and a C02 one? How do you know when the C02 is about to run out?

The cycletek kit comes with a pressure gauge that is attatched to thepart that goes onto the bottle. The install is easy if you can take your fairings off. if you can then you can install the kit. Just take your time when installing and doublecheck everything before you put it all back together. There are plenty of folks on here that have the same kit and would be willing to help out, myself included.

For less than $400.00 you can get complete air shifter system and a on-board compressor from MPS.
Installation is so easy Forrest Gump could install one
MPS Racing Home
Part Number Description Racer Price
1-0266 MPS Sport Bike Air Shifter with Engine Kill $319
1-0266-F MPS Sport Bike Air Shifter with Fuel Kill $349
1-0520 MPS 02-07 Hayabusa ECU Kill Air Shifter with ECU Flashing $329
1-0521 MPS 02-07 Hayabusa ECU Kill Air Shifter No Flashing $259
1-0298 MPS Air Compressor $49
61- Compressor Switch $39

The 1-0521 is a good deal, I can flash your ECU for ya, just pay the shipping both ways.

The cycletek kit comes with a pressure gauge that is attatched to thepart that goes onto the bottle. The install is easy if you can take your fairings off. if you can then you can install the kit. Just take your time when installing and doublecheck everything before you put it all back together. There are plenty of folks on here that have the same kit and would be willing to help out, myself included.

Have one of Matt's co2 kits myself,works flawlessly and has never missed a shift in the 3 years it's been on the bike.I run a 16 oz. bottle mounted in my McINTOSH swingarm(good for approx. 300 shifts and refillable at any paintball shop for $2),but he also has small bottles for hiding under the hump,etc.:thumbsup:

To agree with others riders on this thread, cycle-tech is the way to go. I installed mine. It was the first one I've ever done and the kit is straight forward and almost a plug and play setup. Matt ready puts a good system together. GONE

$550 sounds fair. 3 to 4 hundred for the kit and then some to install it.

I would still try it myself. My first one took me a week or more.

Now I can do one in about an hour! :rofl:

Back