How many miles will the 'busa last?

i bought mine used with 27k on her, and im now at 32k. ive had a clutch malfunction (screw came loose and destroyed the clutch) and getting my transmission gears undercut while its apart, other than that she was dynoed with 162hp at 31k miles...

Oh much more than 30,000 on a busa. I just crossed over 50,000 but couldnt get the picture as I was driving over the Hoover dam the moment it changed over so I had to settle for the pic of just before. After 50 clicks it still runs well and like so many others are saying hasn't needed anything more than the basics. As mentioned by Tim the quesion should be do you aim for 100,000 miles before moving onto the next generation...Rick

172.jpg

Yes, many Japanese car engines are known for their longevity, but none of them are capable of such high rpm's. This bike is a dremel tool on two wheels.

The main reason I ask is because I'm hoping to start going on long distance trips, and don't want to be stranded days away from home with a major engine problem.

But it's reassuring to know that many people do in fact hit the 70K mark.

I was thinkin around 30K would be a good number to shoot for.

BusaWhipped, is your 70K on the original motor?

And Newbieonbusa, I learned a long time ago not to believe anything the dealership tells you. They're just trying to make a sale.

wow, low faith I can tell you I had 35,000 on my 2007 before I crashed and it ran great bikes last a long time, as far as the stealer I agree with you most do not even know anything about the product they sell but the song and dance they give makes some people feel warm and fuzzy

So I ran across this thread following a rabbit hole and saw how old it was I think it would be fun and interesting to see if anyone who originally posted on this miles have gone up considering this post is over 12 years old.

"How many miles will a Busa last?"
Well that depends. It will last about 5 minutes in the hands of THIS GUY
Sorry...being an' ass-hat it's something me and my therapist are working on.
It's slow going so far...
rofl.gif

Oh...I wanted to ask you guys how big of a rear sprocket do I need to compensate for a sacked out stretched drive chain that should be thrown in the fuggin' garbage...
eye brow.gif
I mean I know it could break and take out my cases..somewhat limiting the miles I could get out of my busa...
Thanks,
Rubb.

@Fredyp33 was around just last year, it would be cool if he came back and we knew how many miles he had got.

I'm back.... my first scoot was a 2006 and I didn't get to ride as much as I would have liked. I had it for five years and sold it with around 13k miles on it... nothing too impressive.

My current scoot is a 2019 I've recently got just right. It's only got 2k miles on it.

Depends on the type of riding you do..........are you a sprinter?........or into cross country. ;)

Back