How many miles before change to syn. oil?

And you did this because, presumably, the very best advice is that which is pulled from your bottom?

I always dump the oil in a NEW bike in the first 100 miles. All the crap
in a new engine...assembly lube, metal shavings. I don't beat on it, but
I do ride it hard just like I normally ride a bike. Then the normal intervals
for a oil and filter change :thumbsup:

Lets clear the myths and speculations. Corvettes,Mercedez,Porsche,Ducati, Lamborghini, Ferrari comes with synthetic from the factory. Ferrari engines don't get dynoed before dropping the engine in the car. So do the math. My buddy's 02' gixxer 1000 has been using syn since day one. I remember him buying his brand new bike warmed it up rode 10 miles and let it rip all the way to 5th gear. He went home dropped the oil around 25 miles and replaced it with syn oil. 6 years and 54,000 miles later all cylinders still has even compression with 0 smoke, and it never eats oil. My .02

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

They are entertaining...bottom line is to use whatever you want...just keep it clean :thumbsup:

Lets clear the myths and speculations. Corvettes,Mercedez,Porsche,Ducati, Lamborghini, Ferrari comes with synthetic from the factory. Ferrari engines don't get dynoed before dropping the engine in the car. So do the math. My buddy's 02' gixxer 1000 has been using syn since day one. I remember him buying his brand new bike warmed it up rode 10 miles and let it rip all the way to 5th gear. He went home dropped the oil around 25 miles and replaced it with syn oil. 6 years and 54,000 miles later all cylinders still has even compression with 0 smoke, and it never eats oil. My .02
what brand of oil?

wee

what brand of oil?

wee

Its your decision man. I use Rotella 5w40 syn during winter and regular Rotella during summer 15w40. Its all up to you bro. Its like religion man yours is always wrong, what I believe in is always better.:rofl:

Its your decision man. I use Rotella 5w40 syn during winter and regular Rotella during summer 15w40. Its all up to you bro. Its like religion man yours is always wrong, what I believe in is always better.:rofl:
not you, what does your Buddy use, I use Mobil1.

wee

Back